FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Roommate selling his bone stock 2002 WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Roommate selling his bone stock 2002 WRX

My roommate Dan is selling his WRX sedan. Here is his post. I can take any messages here or you can email him directly. I'm sure he would do a call, too.

For sale is my ’02 WRX, with 200k miles. Incredibly reliable and fun, and amazing in the tough Oswego (NY) winters. I've owned it for 2 years and 30K miles.
    In the time that I’ve owned it I’ve needed to do very little aside from preventative maintenance which included oil and filter changes every 3K miles with Rotella T6 Fully Synthetic oil. I’ve washed it regularly and waxed it every couple of months. Below is a comprehensive detail of my WRX as I know it. Included in the price of the car is a full set of winter tires/wheels with plenty of tread left.
    The Good:
    Brand new registration
    WRX Premium: Heated Leather Seats with Keyless entry, power windows & locks, premium sound with factory subwoofer
    I am the second owner, the first being a middle aged women who used the car for lots of highway commuting and kept the car well maintained to get her back and forth to work.
    2.0L Turbo with 5-speed manual. Runs perfect, no odd noises, drives and shifts great.
    Interior is in excellent shape, leather seats are in great conditions
    OEM 16” WRX wheels with All-Seasons for the summer months and 16” TireRack Aluminum Wheels with aggressive snow tires for the winter.
    160K Miles: OEM Exedy Clutch and machined flywheel, Timing belt and kit with water-pump and idlers, Head Gaskets and all other associated gaskets and seals.
    185k Miles: New rear brake pads and rotors.
    195K miles: Brake fluid flush, Transmission and front differential gear oil change with quality synthetic gear oil
    200K miles: New front driver’s side CV Shaft & new Transmission Mount

The Bad:
    A few small dents and scrapes consistent with the age and mileage. Small rust spots on the front driver and passenger fenders, slightly bigger rust spot on passenger side rear quarterpanel.
    A/C Does not work, Failed compressor.
    A fuel smell has developed above 3/4 tank, when I took a look there seemed to be a leak at the seam of the fuel tank on the drivers side.
    There is a Check Engine Light for an evap leak. Believe the cause is a degraded donut gasket in the exhaust.

If you have any questions about the car feel free to contact me at [email protected].

For you Factory Five guys- this is a great donor car. It's not too rusty. It's bone stock. It drives great. The leaky gas tank means a lower price but it means almost nothing for us builders. And the car is totally drivable (below 3/4 tank of gas) and legal right now, so you could even drive it home before taking it apart. If I had the money and time for a second 818, I would be building one (for street use, of course) out of this donor. The leather interior is probably worth a good bit in re selling, too. Also, the new trans mount he got is a Group N mount, which I love in my 818. Zip code of car is 13126. Here are some photos, but I can provide any other photos or details about this car upon request:

He's looking for $3,250 obo. Probably $3,000 without the second set of tires and wheels
    Last edited by Pearldrummer7; 08-31-2015 at 07:33 PM.