Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Team Dynamics wheels... what offset to get?

Post Thanks / Like

Team Dynamics wheels... what offset to get?

I'm going through a company (PM me and I can give you details) for some custom Team Dynamics wheels. They said $972 shipped for 17x8, 17x9 setup. Any offset and any color I wanted.

I want these for race wheels with Hoosiers on them on my R. If you could pick any offsets...what would you get?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quoting from by build thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Street Use (i.e. Cars & Coffee, Show-n-Shines, Can Kicker Shoot the **** Nights, Group Drives)
    Front: 215/40-r17 on 17x8's +40mm offset. O.D.: 23.8". A little under the maximum recommended O.D. from FFR and Wayne (24.0" Max).
    Rear: 255/40-r17 on 17x9.5's +30mm offset. O.D.: 25.0". +30 offset because I'm running "Wagon Width" rear lateral links: 10 mm shorter per side. So I can push the wheel out 10 mm and it'll sit exactly where FFR and Wayne recommend.
    On the rear if running 17x9.0 (or even 17x9.5) with sedan width lateral links: +40 offset. Need to pull the wheel face in 10mm on each side to compensate.
    Last edited by Rasmus; 09-17-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    Fast Cars, Fast Women, Fast Haircuts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearldrummer7 View Post
    I'm going through a company (PM me and I can give you details) for some custom Team Dynamics wheels. They said $972 shipped for 17x8, 17x9 setup. Any offset and any color I wanted.

I want these for race wheels with Hoosiers on them on my R. If you could pick any offsets...what would you get?
    Warning: I have a bunch of suspension mods to make this set up work.
    I am running Team Dynamics 17x9 ET48 on all four corners. 15mm spacers in rear (effectively 33 offset.
    Toyo R888 235/40-17 front and 255/40-17 rear.
    Running street ride height. No rubbing.
    Bob
    tires.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Rasmus- That's fairly high offset, at least for whatever I did with my suspension. I have the slightest bit of rub (street height until winter) on one side in the rear with my 17x9 +35mm offset wheels. I'm spacing them 3mm with a spacer and it appears I have no more rub (so +32 effect offset).

Bob, why so high offset then such a large spacer? Just availability or something? The TD's look good.

I just saw the weight on them. They're a lot heavier than my RPF1's. Should I be concerned about that? Trying to balance cost, unsprung weight, and quality is tough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob, why so high offset then such a large spacer? Just availability or something? The TD's look good.
    I just saw the weight on them. They're a lot heavier than my RPF1's. Should I be concerned about that? Trying to balance cost, unsprung weight, and quality is tough.
    The 48 offset is the same as my donor. So no extra force on the wheel bearing. It give me a more compact envelope of the front wheel avoiding tire rub.

I wanted 4 of the same rims. So Im using spacers in the rear. (ARP evo studs all around)
    Like Rasmas, I have fornt and rear suspension mods to make this all fit.
    Bob

If the TD are good enough for Chad, They are good enough for me.
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 09-17-2015 at 12:04 PM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Rasmus- That's fairly high offset, at least for whatever I did with my suspension.
    Frank- I quoted myself from 11 months ago. I'll have to trust my past self. He has let me down on occasion but I still trust 'im.

Looking at your action shots I can see what I was thinking. Your rear wheels stick out too much for my taste. I just don't like that look. Tuck those rears in 10 mm and I'd like it much better. If you like it, that's cool, it's just not for me.
    Fast Cars, Fast Women, Fast Haircuts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank- I quoted myself from 11 months ago. I'll have to trust my past self. He has let me down on occasion but I still trust 'im.

Looking at your action shots I can see what I was thinking. Your rear wheels stick out too much for my taste. I just don't like that look. Tuck those rears in 10 mm and I'd like it much better. If you like it, that's cool, it's just not for me.
    It's more so the fact that my driver's side tire is currently rubbing on my suspension I think I can hack some stuff up to make this work as is, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with a +35 for a good fitment

Post Thanks / Like
    Quoting from by build thread:

On the rear if running 17x9.0 (or even 17x9.5) with sedan width lateral links: +40 offset. Need to pull the wheel face in 10mm on each side to compensate.
    As a data point- I have +40 offset IIRC 17x9 with my Team Dynamics on the rear and have to run a 5mm spacer (I ran an additional 2mm on top of it last test). I have 245/50 Hoosiers R7's. They rubbed with the 5mm spacers on the trailing arm (non modified). Any spirited driving, with toe in in the rear caused the normal tire flex to cause the rubbing.
    Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)

Post Thanks / Like

In the rear wheels/tires could be "pushed" outboard more if needed.
    The fronts are +38 17x8's with 225/40. They rub like a ***** when tires are new on the outside fender (no spacers)
    Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)