Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: New member from Oregon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

New member from Oregon

Hello new family,
    I knew I would eventually find a place where I belong. But I had no idea it would be here with this loud bunch. Four months ago I decided to sell my Harley. It's just plain dangerous riding a bike in this day and age. It sold and I put the money in the bank and was looking at new trucks. A week later I saw an add for a partially built MkIV Roadster. My jaw dropped. When I was a kid, I knew what a Cobra was and I use to dream about having one. Over time the dream faded as life became busy with priorities. But even though I had given up the dream, the cobra didn't. It found me Forty years later the cobra found me exactly at the right time with exactly the right amount of money in my bank account. Seriously though, how often do you see an add on FB marketplace for a partial build and just happen to have the money to buy it and only be 3 hrs away. Well, two days later it was sitting in my shop.

What I managed to get my hands on is a 2011 Mk IV Complete Kit which had a new Coyote gen 1 with a Tko-600 and IRS dropped in. Just needed paint and finish alum panels, wiring, interior, cooling system, heater, dash, and all the misc stuff. I'd say it was about 40-50% finished.

I've been reading a lot of posts on builds and I can't express thanks enough to everyone's shared experiences. It has helped tremendously with my build. Especially with integrating the coyote. My hat's off to the ones who have gone before me. My goal is to finish by April. First start will be in about two weeks. Then the body goes to the paint shop with a couple months to cure and then it all comes together.

Only thing that's missing is that invite for Xmas dinner, lol.

Happy holidays everyone

Dan

2. Likes FF33rod, edwardb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the party. As they say in Internet land, no pictures ... it didn't happen. I look forward to that first start video, too!
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FAST4U View Post
    Welcome aboard
    I’m down in Eugene and about 75% finished on a 289 FIA build. If you are in my area stop by, happy to show you my build.