Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front Blinker Connector Pins

Post Thanks / Like

Front Blinker Connector Pins

Am I the only guy struggling to get these connection pins into the front blinker plugs? They seem to be to big to get in. Any help is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have made sure the pins are in the correct orientation, with the cutout (on the metal part) in the same direction as the key in the plastic connector?

I was able to get them in and locked with minimal effort.
    818SC chassis #206 EJ207 2.0L VF37 twin scroll || Cusco type RS 1.5 LSD || Wilwood pedal box (firewall attach) || Wilwood superlite front calipers
    BUILD Phase 1: 6/6/2014 car delivered || 5/24/2015 first start || 6/7/2015 go karted || 4/20/2016 hard-top-topped || 10/25/2016 registered || 11/18/2016 inspected & complete
    BUILD Phase 2: 3/8/2017 EJ207v8 || 5/29/2017 re-first re-start || 7/17/2017 re-assembled with race car bits

Post Thanks / Like
    Either they sent me the incorrect pins or I used the correct ones on another plug. I found two that fit so I will have to get some more.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason,

When I tried to install my pins I found out I got 11 wrong ones and 1 right one for the front. I called FFR and they sent me new ones for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I had the wrong ones. FFR sent me the correct ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I have the same problem. I bought my kit second hand from someone who got it around 2014 so probably low chance of getting a freebie. I'll call FFR tomorrow but does anyone have a part number of the correct pins for the old style headlight blinker connectors? I talked to them earlier this week about another missing part for the old front end and they acted like they had limited or no info or availability on parts specific to the old kits.

Post Thanks / Like
    In case anyone else ends up in the same spot, it was cheaper/easier to just buy a generic Toyota blinker pigtail off of ebay than to source those pins not in bulk. I did that and it worked great.