Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Steering Rack Obstructed by Power Steering Pump

Post Thanks / Like

Steering Rack Obstructed by Power Steering Pump

Wonder if I can get some assistance of you guys - You've always helped in the past.

I have a MKIV kit currently with the manual rack supplied with the kit. My engine is a new 2005 3V 4.6L V8 Modular engine. In bolting on the ancillary items I decided to upgrade the steering rack to a powered version. In bolting on the new PS pump and pulley I find it is obstructed by the installed lower steering shaft in the area marked in the image.

Now I admit I have not yet switched out the steering pack to the new powered one as I waiting for delivery but was wondering if anyone has encountered a similar problem and figured a solution?

7931227bd5a2e0dcd1ca1718f380428c.jpg

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 4 valve 4.6 and the steering shaft (I have power steering) is about 4.5 inches from the PS pulley at the closest point. There is a lot going on in that area (see photo), but everything fits without modification.

IMG_3925.JPG
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the reassurance