FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fox Emergency Brake Mod

Post Thanks / Like

Fox Emergency Brake Mod

Did not find too much info on this Forum which I primarily use, so wanted to put this out in case anyone does choose to go down this now antiquated route. I ordered a new Fox emergency brake handle because I wanted a black handle and could have got around doing the modification if I would have purchased a 94+ e-brake handle. So I had done a five lug cobra disc conversion on my rear-end and the Fox pre-94 handle has a self tensioner for rear drum brakes. At the end of the day, I did the Ford Racing modification to the handle which essentially means removing the spring tension and pinning or welding the ratcheting pawl to the second cog of the e-brake ratchet gear. Going this route runs the cables up higher which I prefer versus the lower FFR route. I purchased the Ford Racing front adjustable e-brake 2 into 1 union and since this runs so close to the frame rail, will be mounting som Teflon from McCaster-Carr so it slides along that. Anyhow, if someone does go down this PM me and go into further detail (pros & cons).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cgundermann; 10-04-2015 at 06:35 PM.