Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is there an updated list of Donor parts for the 818C

Post Thanks / Like

Is there an updated list of Donor parts for the 818C

Hey folks, I'm new here so I apologize if I put my question on the wrong thread...

My son and I have already purchased and almost through the teardown of our donor (2004 WRX) and I am glad to say we have parted out a good deal of the stuff we won't need.

We decided we would see if we could put together a good donor package before we committed to buying and building an 818C,
    simply because we haven't taken on any serious car projects before and it's been quite a few years since I've wrenched on cars myself... LOL

My question is about donor parts for the 818C - are there any additional parts we should be keeping from the donor with the addition of the hardtop?

I am curious about window glass, regulators, etc... but I can't seem to find any information anywhere.

*** Also, can anyone point me towards discussion on heater installations / options in the 818.

Thanks,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Regulators and glass comes with the car. Maybe I would keep the wiring that goes to the doors if you want to use the oem wiring and switches. For heater, i would look into vintage air and a few of the current builds that are going on. The current parts list which is already available should be the only thing necessary to build.

I would email or call FFR and see about getting a copy of the build manual. It will help give a general perspective of what the build entails. Its not the bible though so dont take every word is says to heart. The build is more involved than what is stated in the text.