Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel gauge mystery

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel gauge mystery

The Subaru supplied fuel gauge on my 818S had been reading okay (1/2 full) until I parked down hill. Now the gauge reads full all the time. I have the original FFR tank and sender. Anyone else have a problem like this? The connections and wiring are intact.

Post Thanks / Like
    I shortened my tank, so had one end cut off and could see what was happening inside when I trial fitted the sender.
    With the FFR supplied sender, with the float at the "tank full" position, it jammed against the front wall of the tank, and stayed there

Perhaps some percussive maintenance to the sender area/front tank wall would free it up ? I have a photo on my camera I can upload later on.

Post Thanks / Like
    "percussive maintenance" I like it! I've just re-named my BFH to PMH because it is more higher classer sounding.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting - thanks. Maybe I will dismount the sender and bend the wire arm some. Of course that will throw off the measurement - but better than not reading at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    In an interview about the Hubbel telescope rework after it was in space the NASA engineers gave a lengthy chalk talk about the re-polish and bored everyone to tears. At the end of the announcement they answered a question about what's next if that doesn't work. Without missing a beat they said they would then try "manual shock therapy" when asked what that lofty term meant the said " Give it a good swift kick"
    So you still have options for your hammer's name Manual shock device, Ford tool, etc.
    DB Hemi 33

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the "swift kick" that I administered was by way of a rubber mallet.