Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need mechanic wiring expert for 89-92 302 mass air engine near Greensboro,NC

Post Thanks / Like

Need mechanic wiring expert for 89-92 302 mass air engine near Greensboro,NC

Have donor engine installed in MK IV. Won't fire. Problem seems to be between ignition- computer- coil. I am not a car guy and need help. Haven't had a response from Factory Five. Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob.

A couple of basics. Starting with the easy stuff.

When you turn the ignition on do you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds and then turn off?
    If you pull a plug wire off and hold it close to ground and crank the engine do you get spark?
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobkober View Post
    Haven't had a response from Factory Five. Bob
    Agree with the other responses. Need more details about your build and exactly what is working and what isn't. It's not reasonable for you to expect Factory Five to help you troubleshoot. They don't sell or support engines. Hopefully it's something simple. But if it's not, based on your comment about not being a car guy, you may need to seek out professional help. Those engines are pretty well known.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I might be able to walk you through some of the diagnosis over the phone. If you PM me your phone number, I will see if I can help.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    www.whitbymotorcars.com is in Greensboro.. how lucky could one be.
    Thanks,
    Al Adkins
    Certified "Kool Aid" drinker