FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Racing 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Racing 2016

Hi to all my FFR family members that have helped during the years. With the great year end finishes of 2015, we are entering a new year with an addition of a new driver! Carl Rydquist of Sweden! Team PDG is going international. He will be co driving some events with our own veteran, Mike Holland. Rydquist is joining us bring a great deal of experience and ideas! He will be focusing on the WERC endurance championship with PDG! He is no weekender, capturing two endurance titles in Sweden, Germany, and finishing third in the 24 hour of Dubai. Not to mention, racing, Ferrari, Mercedes, Porsches, and Nissans at the Ring! We just finished a test day where Carl simply would not get out of the car! The night before he after sitting in it for the first time, he wanted to sleep in it to get acquainted with its behavior. Huh? We had a great day of testing new tires and springs. I hope Mike can tell the rest of the story. Very informative for those thinking of getting the most excitement on a track day!

Hope you can join us this year for a great season of endurance racing! All of our races are in Southern Calif. and one in Utah.

See you at the races,
    Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great news Richard!

You guys have tons of momentum with the championship and awesome 25 hr showing.

Looking forward to the new year. I hope to get out there to see a race as well.

John
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the success of the 2015 season!

I always look forward to the pre & post race updates. Good luck in the new season, and Stay Safe!

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    I just want to say that Carl has been awesome to work with. He understands the dynamics of these cars, and has already helped us to drop seconds to our lap times at Thunderhill. I look forward to working with him to get even more out of the car and me. We tried some pretty drastic things as far as suspension setup at the last test session (video hopefully coming soon) and they seemed to pay off. More in the works as we try and be faster every time we show up at the track!
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    This year will be a limited race season for us but will be right on top of the ink and provide a blow by blow story of pre race preparation, travel and race results!

Post Thanks / Like
    Richard, Great performance last year and it sounds like you are off to a great pre season prep already.
    I look forward to the teams updates and to selfishly learn form your R&D successes :-)
    Cheers,
    Dave

GTM # 294 Build Start Date 10/12/2009,
    2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter
    Build site. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dfraser/

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,
    I was looking through some old photos and little do people know on this forum that you are an important part of our success in the early years as your name/support was noted on the front of the car at the 25 for three years in a row!

Thanks!
    Team PDG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra 61 View Post
    Dave,
    I was looking through some old photos and little do people know on this forum that you are an important part of our success in the early years as your name/support was noted on the front of the car at the 25 for three years in a row!

Thanks!
    Team PDG
    Richard,

I have some of those photos on the wall in my office and my daughter is very proud that her name was on a real race car :-)
    You do a great job at making your supporters, no matter how small feel appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Dave

GTM # 294 Build Start Date 10/12/2009,
    2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter
    Build site. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dfraser/

Post Thanks / Like
    Carl has just completed the last weekend at COTA in the Pirelli World Challenge races round 1 and 2. Finishing 3rd on Friday's season opener and gaining the pole for Saturday's event! A leaky fitting on the power steering unit forced him to retire early while battling for second spot and then dropping back when the fluid was finding its way to the rear tires. Carl will be piloting the FFR, Mendeola, Myraceshop GTM in Friday's WERC season opener at Willow Springs International Raceway! Our first time there and very excited to see. The competition is pretty strong as we will be defending our championship. Top teams in our class are Mother's GT3 cup Porsche, Troy's Super truck Silverado, and former PDG driver, Steve Lisa, in his 650 HP Panoz! You can catch us at race monitor and I think it will be live streamed as well. All our FFR friends and family are invited to come out and help or enjoy the races! Race starts at 5:30 to 8:30 on Friday, March 11.

See you at the races!
    Richard