Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Center Caps--Stock Wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Center Caps--Stock Wheels

I am looking for center caps for my stock Subaru wheels but with out the Subaru logo.

Any thoughts?

John G

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by john g View Post
    I am looking for center caps for my stock Subaru wheels but with out the Subaru logo.

Any thoughts?

John G
    Just file the raised Subaru stuff off carefully and repaint. Worked for me, used a 6 inch second cut half round file, and it only took a few minutes each.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I turned new aluminum centers in a lathe with 3 set screws to hold them on. I powder coated them and the wheels and lasered the FFR logo on them

wheel center.JPG
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Update:

Using Freds idea, I sanded off the Subaru logo and then: (i) attached an FFR logo sticker and (ii) covered the center cap with red vinyl (model airplane covering). I like the idea of the FFR logo, but my execution needs improvement. The model airplane vinyl was easy to apply, but I don't like to look.

Does FFR offer the logo sticker in a smaller size? I used the 3 inch one available on the website. Smaller ones would be nice for wheel centers and horn buttons. Alternatively, could I have some stickers made in a smaller size?

center cap 1.jpgcenter cap 2.jpgcenter cap 3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    FFR offers black wheels with these center caps:
    center caps.jpg
    http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/fact...8-wheels-gray/

Maybe they'll sell us just the caps? In fact, I'd be interested in a set as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Update:

Using Freds idea, I sanded off the Subaru logo and then: (i) attached an FFR logo sticker and (ii) covered the center cap with red vinyl (model airplane covering). I like the idea of the FFR logo, but my execution needs improvement. The model airplane vinyl was easy to apply, but I don't like to look.

Does FFR offer the logo sticker in a smaller size? I used the 3 inch one available on the website. Smaller ones would be nice for wheel centers and horn buttons. Alternatively, could I have some stickers made in a smaller size?
    I have XXR wheels and wanted a FFR logo on the center cap instead. I 3D printed a plug for the hole and printed vinyl logos at vinzdecals.com of the FFR logo in just the size I needed. I used an acrylic casting agent (from an arts supply store) to encapsulate it. The acrylic shrank a bit when curing, so I had to repeat a couple times and then sand/polish for a nice finish. A lot of work just for centercaps, but came out nice, I think.

30 Center Caps.jpg

31 Wheels.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I checked with Dan at Factory five. The center caps are not for sale separately.

Does anyone have a good logo file that I can have printed?

Post Thanks / Like
    John
    they have a laminated sticker that goes in the middle of their steering wheel that should work.
    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Or, the Factory Five badges are better.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone have a good logo file that I can have printed?
    I do... but I got the high-res file from FFR and had to sign a trademark agreement that it was only for personal use, not distribution. I'm sure they'll send you one if you do the same (or just Google 'Factory Five logo' and click on Images ).

I scaled the graphic I used to 893 pixels across, and had it printed at vinzdecals.com. I've had a number of custom vinyl decals printed from them... very quick and inexpensive:

http://www.vinzdecals.com/cgi-bin/cu...eatesticker.pl

I calculated the resolution so that when printed at the max dpi of their printer it was the perfect size for my XXR centercaps. None of the stickers or badges that FFR offers were the exact size I wanted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all for your responses.

1. Bob. I tried the sticker (see above) but it was too big and the result is a little sloppy.
    2.Pete. Did you use the $15 emblem?
    3. WLeeHendrick. I will try the printed sticker as you suggested. I will look for the casting agent as you recommended. That should make them look professional.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, John, I used 4 of the $15 badges because . . . well, it seems that on some days I seem to try to spend as much as possible.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a set of 3 center caps from 06 wrx limited wheels that I don't need. Thought I'd throw that out there in case you try and modify the ones you have and mess one up.