Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: big tires?

Post Thanks / Like

big tires?

Ok so I have been asking arround and gotten alot of good feed back from everyone on there tire sizes. I currently have the wheels and tires from my WRX on they are 18x8 with 225 40 18s. they are a bit big for the front 25.1 inches but I love the looks of them they fill the wheel wells nicely! I would need rack limiters to use them.

but on the rears they look small it really needs a 26" diameter to fill it in a bit better. So I have been looking at some rim and tire combos

XXR 530s in 18x7.5 +35 and 225 40 18 25.1" diameter - cooper Zeon 2XS
    XXR 530s in 19X8.8 +35 and 255 40 19 26.1" diameter - cooper Zeon @XS

these will fill the wheel wells nicely but will have a bit or a limited front trun radius.

any thoughts?

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure anyone has had much luck with a 25" diameter front tire, even with rack limiters. I could be wrong but recall most everyone rubbing on the driver's side frame at the back of the wheel well, and it doesn't take much turn (if any) to get there. There is a tire thread, if you haven't seen it, that has a lot of good info.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been looking at all the threads tire related and maybe there is too much info out there but it gets confusing. I am really looking to fill the wheel wells as much as possible with rim and tire and get as close to the fenders as possible of course not damaging anything, I will not be racing this just a nice day head turner but dont get me wrong it will get hung out but not raced.

my biggest thing is to try and not have wheel spacers, get a good concave wheel to have a nice staggered look and fill the wheel well with tire>

I am really looking into the XXR 530s and would like to do 18s up front and 19s in the rear. 18x7.5 +35 ( Toyo T1 225 35 18) 24.2 and 19X8.8 +35 ( Toyo T1 255 35 19 ) 26"

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    If I ended up staying with the 17s on the front and 18s in the rear I need to know if the 18x 8.8s in +35s fit flush of maybe go to the +20s to get it right out to the fenders.