BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Speed Dial Question & Speedhut Speedo Question

Post Thanks / Like

Speed Dial Question & Speedhut Speedo Question

I put this up on the other forum and thought I would throw it out here too.

"I received the pins from Ford Racing and got the PCM wired up with the two new wires. Getting ready for the connections to the speed dial and have a couple of connections. The Ron Francis harness plug to the output at the transmission has two wires. One grey and one green. According to the wiring diagram I have it looks like the grey one is the output and would be the one to tie into the green wire from the speed dial?? This also looks like this would be the one to tie into the white wire on the Speedhut speedo I am using. (Speedhut Vintage gauges).

What does the other wire of the sensor connect to?

The Speedhut Speedo has two connections. One white and one black. It says to tie the white to the sensor output and the black is optional if the sensor has a ground. Does the black need to be hooked to a ground with the Tremec sensor?

As I have said before, the wiring is not my sweet spot. any help would be appreciated."
    Chuck Krueger
    MK4 Kit - Picked up 4/5/14, Complete Kit, 3-Link, Wilwood upgrade, Coyote, TKO 500, First Start 7/25/15
    2000 C5
    2003 C5 Z06
    2007 C5 Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chuck, I hooked up the black speedhunt wire to ground and am using a Tremec. Hope that helps
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Gen3 Type65 Coupe R, Street legal.***
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Challenge Car rolling chassis, Street legal.***
    http://johngeorgeracing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    try to measure and see if either wire is open to the case of the trans, if not, it gets it ground from the case. If it is, then you need both wires.