BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: '33 owner/builders near Sacramento?

Post Thanks / Like

'33 owner/builders near Sacramento?

I am thinking about building a 33 hot rod in the coming months. Before I make the step, I wanted to spend a little time with someone who has actually done one of these things. I am near Sacramento, CA and am willing to come to you if you are up to a visit. I am interested in the little things about the build that caused you headaches, the effort it requires, the additional costs you encountered during the build process and about a thousand other questions.
    My name is Tom Enloe and I am in Elverta. you can reach me at 916-812-5441.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Brave Salmon; 11-23-2015 at 10:05 PM. Reason: wrong forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tom,

I am excited to hear of another builder in the area! I am in Antelope and willing to meet anytime. I just sent you a message with my number. Feel free to give me a call and we can find a time to meet up.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I am thinking about building a 33 and my first my question is, how hard is it to get the car registered in California.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Stockton , ca. I'm interested in smogging a factory 5 33 hot rod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check the sub-forum "Registration & Emissions - 33 Hot Rod" for multiple threads on this subject. One of the best is a summary by Eric Hansen: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...cess-for-SB100. The short answer is that you can register your car as a replica under SB100 and the only pollution control device you need is a PCV valve with a hose to the air cleaner. I haven't been through the process yet, but based on many comments it seems to be relatively straight forward, and no smog inspection ever.

BTW: If any of you happen to be in SoCal, you're welcome to stop by and check out the pile of parts in my garage.

Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi - my name is Don Galley and I just completed a 33 AND got plates YESTERDAY! I am in Dublin California. I will be writing up my experience is a separate thread. Contact me if you like: [email protected]