BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2014-2015 cvt?

Post Thanks / Like

2014-2015 cvt?

Does anyone know if the recent CVT's can be reprogrammed ("manual" ratios, "auto" rpm set-point) with something like an Accessport or is it dealer/pro tuner only?

Does it have it's own controller and just read the tach and throttle or does the main ecu control it?

Can it be made to work with an older 2002-2007 donor/engine/ecu?

Also does anyone know the weight/dimensions of the CVT vs the 5mt vs the Auto? Heavier/lighter, bigger/smaller would be better than nothing. I don't really want to pull mine to check while it is still under warranty
    Last edited by dirty kurty; 11-23-2015 at 07:56 PM. Reason: More concise version, maybe someone will reply?
    2003 Corrola, stock with custom Fe2O3 coated fenders.
    2015 FFR 818 (get PhD-> get real job-> get 818)

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a TCM (transmission control module) but that's all I know. I'm not sure if you'll find it of any use, but here's a full 2012 factory service manual that contains a CVT section.

Post Thanks / Like
    The CVT's are not meant to be opened up, fluid is not to be changed. The TCU will not work with earlier 02-07 ecu's. all CVT Subaru come with flappy paddle shifters behind the steering wheel. Not sure if there is some way to trick the TCU so you could control shifting with the flappy paddles and no other way. Also the early CVT's cannot handle the sudden torque from a turbo engine. I believe the new JDM ones are turbo, so something there to research.