Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Just Dreaming For Now

Post Thanks / Like

Just Dreaming For Now

Hi! My name is Drew and I have always dreamed of owning a Shelby Cobra.

I'm a frustrated mechanic, doing completely unrelated work internationally, but since I'm almost 52, am trying to set it up so I can retire back to the US, build my dream workshop at a home I own there, and build my own Cobra or Daytona Coupe replica.

My normal daily drivers include a 38,000 actual mile 1967 Mustang convertible I bought in 1976. I recently did a six to eight conversion and it's powered by a lightly modified roller 306. It also has a Unisteer manual rack I hate, and a CSRP front disk conversion I love. A heavy anti-swaybar keeps it from drifting. Paint, top and interior are original and beyond excellent.

10365644_10202771423184143_6231258336381847457_o.jpg

My other mistress is a Series 80 Toyota Landcruiser. Bought it in January in Arizona, and it is how I express my inner frustrated mechanic right now, as my Mustang is back in the states.

11885154_10206626413413481_1675498177206456750_n.jpg

So, I bought the Mustang because it was the closest thing I could afford to a Shelby Cobra in 1976. So... I'm thinking that when I retire in a few years, I'm going to see if I can sell the convertible and buy an FFR kit. I'm a certified A/C mechanic and I've built a few "normal" cars, boats and airplanes so far, so I am pretty confident in my ability to build one of these.

Anyway; I'm going to spend a lot of time lurking, and digging through this forum to wile away the time (since I can't justify buying the kit, since I'm not going to be able to work on it) and to educate myself on what I really want.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Drew.
    Shelby Cobra is on my long list of project cars as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, guys. I'm going to try to learn a lot while I'm here

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice 67!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! The latest development is that my wife has talked me into working hard and saving more money so I can keep it while I build a Cobra. The car's name is Daisy, btw.