Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 818 Upgrade Parts Now Available!

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like

818 Upgrade Parts Now Available!

We are excited to announce the production release of the new Factory Five 818 nose and removable hard top! All 818 kits are currently shipping with this new design nose, and 818C models are in production and shipping as well.
    We’ve put together some upgrade packages with special prices for customers who would like to upgrade their first gen 818.

The revised nose upgrade package includes fenders, nose insert, headlamp buckets and lighting, mounting hardware and fasteners. It is at a special introductory price of $799 through December 31, 2015. On January 1, 2016, the price will increase to $1,199. Click here to order your new 818 front nose now.

Fog lamps are not included.

The Factory Five 818 hard top package priced at an introductory cost of $2,499 until December 31, 2015. Starting January 1st, 2016, the hard top will be priced at $2,999. The package includes composite hard top with ducted liner, hinged rear hatch with glass, power window mechanisms, windshield glass, side window glass, rear quarter glass, and aluminum bulk head with glass window. Upgrade includes revised door steel and interior molded door liners.

Click here to order your hard top now. If you have placed a pre-order, you will be contacted for a ship date.

If you have any questions, please call our tech support team at 508-291-3443.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Any idea what shipping on the nose would be (ballpark?). Trying to decide if the wife might want to get me a nice Christmas present.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can we get it in white?

Post Thanks / Like
    It says free so I'm taking it.... It wont matter for me though since Im getting the top so it will just go inside the crate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Few questions to add to the mix:

Can we order the center grill separately? (ie: I want to order a full kit + 1 spare center grill)
    The coupe radiator subframe has some brackets welded to the frame that the nose supports bolt to. Are these the "lower fender mounts" in the parts list? I assume retrofits would bolt these onto the subframe (or weld, if they wanted to)?
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Tech Support, FFR Courtnie Provencher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Shipping will depend on where we are shipping these pieces to, and which pieces you are receiving. The nose retrofit kit will not fit inside the crate with the hardtop, but they can be shipped together. White gel-coat is an available option upon request, but the order has to be paid for in full before the pieces can be made. You can order the "center grill" separately. When ordering it is called the Nose Insert and it costs $420.00.
    Courtnie Provencher
    Factory Five Tech Sales & Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiny View Post
    Can we get it in white?
    X2!

I think I want to keep my car paintless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matteo92065 View Post
    X2!

I think I want to keep my car paintless.
    X3, count me in

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtnie Provencher View Post
    You can order the "center grill" separately. When ordering it is called the Nose Insert and it costs $420.00.
    Thanks. Doubt I'll be getting a second one then. It'd be more cost effective to order a complete second kit at that price.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're happy to do the panels in white as a special order.

Mechie - if you're already buying the retro-fit kit, we can include a second grill for about half that ($210).
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Would the nose package ship inside the coupe top, thus saving shipping costs? Will the coupe top and nose package ship via FedEx or is a trucking company, like Stewart, required?
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPWRD View Post
    X3, count me in
    X4, with white for me to

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    AZPete - Right now, we've made it into production and finalized pricing. We're working on several shipping crates to see how we may be able to accommodate customers who order both the new nose and hard top and wish to consolidate shipping. More on that as soon as possible.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    We're happy to do the panels in white as a special order.

Mechie - if you're already buying the retro-fit kit, we can include a second grill for about half that ($210).
    Sweet. In for white as well.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    So does this mean those of us with white 818S models that pre-ordered white hard tops will be getting calls soon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I just got off the phone and forked over all my shiney pennies. In for the front and top in white.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for all the question, but in case someone knows:

1- We can special order in white, but is there an added cost?
    2- What are the foreseen shipping options to Canada (Fedex, UPS, etc. or do we need to go through an importer like Withby and Al Beix)?
    3- I haven't seen the estimated lead time, is it something like 2 weeks or 2 months? It does not matter much yet for me, but over 2 months it will force me to halt my build and wait for the kit to arrive, I just want to manage that (and manage my expectations) as early as possible.

tnx!
    Last edited by Frank818; 11-23-2015 at 08:37 PM.
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm also interested to see what the lead time will be on the white nose upgrade.

Any potential shipping savings for shipping multiple nose kits together to one location if members live close?

My Christmas wish list is now done.
    Last edited by metros; 11-23-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank818 View Post
    Sorry for all the question, but in case someone knows:

1- We can special order in white, but is there an added cost?
    2- What are the foreseen shipping options to Canada (Fedex, UPS, etc. or do we need to go through an importer like Withby and Al Beix)?
    3- I haven't seen the estimate lead time, is it something like 2 weeks or 2 months? It does not matter much yet for me, but over 2 months it will force me to halt my build and wait for the kit to arrive, I just want to manage that (and manage my expectations) as early as possible.

tnx!
    I too am wondering about shipping to Canada.
    Adam _____ Instagram @PopesProjects____ YouTube Channel
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017
    Registered 10/25/2019 BRAP818

Post Thanks / Like
    Will shipping for the nose be sorted out before the January 1 price bump?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metros View Post
    My Christmas wish list is now done.
    Before or after including the new nose in?
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to order the hardtop and in fact pre-ordered it. I am having second thoughts as I work my way throrough the S kit I have. The forum has been a blessing for me and I feel the install Manual for the new hard top and front end will be less than forthcoming in a timely manner. I have not received an update on the manual since may when I purchased the "S"
    I love the kit but wish the install information was there. I just spent 2 hours looking for the non existent location and install instructions for the body aluminum parts.
    818S #343 Delivered 5-20-2015
    First Start 10-17-2015
    First Drive 10-17-2017 ( 100 feet back and forth until I can get off driveway)
    First Drive with a non leaking tuned motor 11-12-2015 (wow)
    Passed NJ State constructed inspection 8/30/2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Just read people's threads normally works for me. There is also a diagram of all the panels install in the appendix at the back of the manual. You can find the layout and install accordingly. I think they will do a major revision for the cope manual but it's most likely very similar to the S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by insurance guy View Post
    I just spent 2 hours looking for the non existent location and install instructions for the body aluminum parts.
    You probably gave up before you got to page 504.

alum.jpg alumm.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Will the separate pieces fit in a short bed pickup any chance we could fit three kits into one pickup?

Post Thanks / Like
    Will the new nose fit the Narrow front subframe that very few of us received?
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metros View Post
    Any potential shipping savings for shipping multiple nose kits together to one location if members live close?
    I like the way you think! Let's see if they can ship both of our noses in one box.

Tech Support, FFR Courtnie Provencher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys! The white gel coat is an option. We just need to know when you make the payment which color you're ordering. If it's easier you guys can email me at [email protected] and I can directly answer any questions you have!
    Courtnie Provencher
    Factory Five Tech Sales & Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtnie Provencher View Post
    Hey guys! The white gel coat is an option. We just need to know when you make the payment which color you're ordering. If it's easier you guys can email me at [email protected] and I can directly answer any questions you have!
    Hi Courtnie,
    You really don't want 100 emails of the same questions. If you answer them here, everyone gets the same answer. Even the shy ones that are afraid to ask questions.
    Dave is very good when he post on here about new products. The guys on here dissect every word he writes.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

-White gel coat is the same cost as red.

-White gel coat will be ready in 2 weeks. White gel coat orders will ship with a gel coat kit. The new panels do have seams that will require body work.

View the parts catalog page for larger images.

-We are working on shipping cost they have yet to be determined.

-The hardtop and fenders will fit in a 6’ pickup if you choose to pick them up at Factory Five. Hardtop measurements are 122” x 58” x 24”

-Fender kits will ship over-sized ground in boxes. If you order both the hardtop and front nose retro kit the front nose boxes will ship on top of the crate. Again shipping cost in the works.

Front Nose Retro kit Shipping in 3-5 weeks.

Hard tops start shipping without glass on November 30, 2015. They will start shipping with glass on January 20, 2016.

Thanks
    Greg Hoy
    Factory Five Marketing

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you Matteo we are both in the same boat as you. I'm seeing this upgrade if you do the nose and top being close to 4-5k with shipping. Good thing I got in at the lower price but still it's going to hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    that would be great to combine shipping somehow. I'm in Southern California so I'm willing to wait for a combined shipping if it saves a good chunk of money cause I'm seeing the crate is already adding $400 to the cost already :/

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel you Zodiac, I just dont want to wait any longer to make any real progress on the body. I've been spinning my wheels for months waiting for this to come out. We should figure out one big crate with 3 tops in it for the socal guys or something along those lines. I wonder how much shipping would cost doing it this way. Half of what stewart charged to deliver the car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hoy View Post
    Hard tops start shipping without glass on November 30, 2015. They will start shipping with glass on January 20, 2016.
    So does that mean 818C orders shipped prior to Jan 20 will be without glass???
    __________________________________________________ _____________

That man is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a note:
    the new nose above and on FFR parts catalog is shown with the hood.
    The parts list does not list the hood.
    I suspect you have to use your old hood.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_n_Cincy View Post
    Just a note:
    the new nose above and on FFR parts catalog is shown with the hood.
    The parts list does not list the hood.
    I suspect you have to use your old hood.
    Bob
    Yes the hoods are the same you use the one you already have

Post Thanks / Like
    How well do the new projectors work? Any pictures at night?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ewingate View Post
    How well do the new projectors work? Any pictures at night?
    They are nice projectors is about all I can say since I am currently building the C. They are hella projectors nice quality and they look like they will provide plenty of light.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love it if FFR could supply a power windows kit for soft top versions.

Speedy G

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy G View Post
    I'd love it if FFR could supply a power windows kit for soft top versions.

Speedy G
    The soft top would have to be redesigned with a window seal.
    Suggest it to FFR, If there is enough interest, I sure the soft top manufacture would do it.
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast