BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Product Interest Checks: Firewall, Front AWIC mount, iWire Mount

Post Thanks / Like

New Product Interest Checks: Firewall, Front AWIC mount, iWire Mount

Got quotes back on a couple of items today. Gauging interest before I order parts.

1: Rear Center Firewall, $50

1/8" thick aluminum panel that mounts to the engine bay side of the frame and provides a place to mount the ECU and/or help contain wires and hoses from falling into the engine bay and touching headers or alternator belts. The Frame rails here are 1.5" thick which is just barely enough to mount the ECU and place the FFR provided firewall on top on the passenger compartment side of the frame. Mounts to the frame with 6 rivnuts, four located horizontally and two located vertically above the gas tank. Can be installed with the engine in place (two lower horizontal rivnuts would need to be replaced with through bolts).

Original prototype (does not have the tabs on the bottom)

2: iWire harness circuit breaker mount, $20

1/8" thick mount to locate the circuit breaker on the iWire harness underneath the dash where it can be reached by the driver. Mount attaches to frame via 4 rivets, circuit breaker attaches via 2 screws in the mounting holes.

Original simplified prototype:

3: Front AWIC mount, $55

.1875" mount attaches to transmission bolt and passenger side front AWIC mounting hole. Bent seams are welded to seal any surface cracks from bending that may lead to fatigue failures. Holds the type 14 AWIC core in conjunction with the rear mount.

Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'd buy one of each.

Post Thanks / Like
    In for the front Awic mount. Just picked up your rear one from aero sti and it doesn't work with my current front mount.