Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: spring spring

Post Thanks / Like

spring spring

Hi all,

I heard a while back that some 818 owners were choosing the 'R' spring/shock option for their street cars.

I have ordered the coupe which gets picked up in the next couple of weeks and I am tempted to go for the R springs and shocks because I intend to club race the car.

I wanted to know what people thought of their choice if they did choose the stiffer spring/shock combo for their street car?
    __________________________________________________ _____________

That man is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Post Thanks / Like
    I went with R shocks and S springs. I figured try out the S springs if i dont like them just order stiffer springs after market.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamshackle View Post
    Hi all,

I heard a while back that some 818 owners were choosing the 'R' spring/shock option for their street cars.

I have ordered the coupe which gets picked up in the next couple of weeks and I am tempted to go for the R springs and shocks because I intend to club race the car.

I wanted to know what people thought of their choice if they did choose the stiffer spring/shock combo for their street car?
    Michael and I went over to Turn In Concepts (TIC) last night for their PRE-PRI-Party. I let Greg take my 818 out for a spin. (350-600 springs)
    He liked the suspension and handling and had no problem with the stiffness. His next comment is the steering was very responsive. He called the handling very BRZ like. The BRZ that he normally drove has got all the TIC suspension upgrades.
    I am running all rod end joints. The only rubber I have in my suspension in in the front LCA, rear lower trailing arm and the tires of course.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 12-09-2015 at 11:17 AM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    We have the "R" shocks, and went with aftermarket springs, 450f 500r. Street ride is very firm, but OK.
    For reference, we also find our 700f 400r miata to be OK.
    Last edited by xxguitarist; 01-06-2016 at 10:11 AM.
    -Andrew

Building 818S/R #297 with Tamra
    08 Mazdaspeed3 | '12 F800R | '97 Miata