Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: racing mirrors

Post Thanks / Like

racing mirrors

I could use some feedback on racing mirrors for inside my 33 coupe. I have never used either kind so I'm hoping to hear from people that have.

I am trying to choose between a segmented mirror and a wide angle convex mirror. It will be mounted to the rollcage above the windshield if the mounting position
    affects which one to choose. The side mirrors are fairly limited use on the chopped top 33's so I'm just trying to get the best combo for the street.
    Thanks
    Dale Berry
    Hemi33

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have the hardtop on already? There isn't much back window to see out even with a normal sized mirror. I'd be surprised if either racing style mirror gave all that meaningful of benefit. Just my $0.02. Will be interested to see if others chime in.

We had some success using slightly wider side mirrors and ditching the stock ffr ones.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / Like

top is on

Quote Originally Posted by billjr212 View Post
    Do you have the hardtop on already? There isn't much back window to see out even with a normal sized mirror. I'd be surprised if either racing style mirror gave all that meaningful of benefit. Just my $0.02. Will be interested to see if others chime in.
    We had some success using slightly wider side mirrors and ditching the stock ffr ones.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Thanks
    I do plan to use better side mirrors, the 818 coupe at SEMA had some nice mirrors on the doors that I will probably use.

The inside mirror should work better on mine because of the location not being on the dash. I have the ideal mount for it right up against the hardtop on the rollbar.
    Since I'm not tall my line of sight should be good out the back window and I think the segmented mirror will actually let me see out both side windows somewhat.

Not sure if the convex would be too hard to read that way.
    Dale Berry
    Hemi33

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myjones View Post
    Thanks
    I do plan to use better side mirrors, the 818 coupe at SEMA had some nice mirrors on the doors that I will probably use.

The inside mirror should work better on mine because of the location not being on the dash. I have the ideal mount for it right up against the hardtop on the rollbar.
    Since I'm not tall my line of sight should be good out the back window and I think the segmented mirror will actually let me see out both side windows somewhat.

Those are actually the same side mirrors we used on both the hot rod and the 818.

We mounted the rear view mirror to the roof rather than the dash and you can see all there is to see out the back window. You may be right though about being able to see out the side windows a bit, which would help. With the segmented mirror, you may be able to essentially just use the middle and 2 outer mirrors and ignore the in between segments.