Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR stock gauge for 33 hotrod is 16 empty and 158 ohms full

Post Thanks / Like

FFR stock gauge for 33 hotrod is 16 empty and 158 ohms full

It might be nice if one of the administrators would sticky this information so we newbies don't have do search around for hours trying to find out why we need a new gauge if we get a Boyd's tank for the hotrod. FFR uses an old style twist in type fuel sending unit like OEM tanks used for years. If you go with Boyd's tank, you need to go get an auto meter platinum series gauge # 1904 to match the stock FFR 33 gauges. Boyd's cannot provide a fuel sender in the 16-158 ohms range for their tanks so save the effort and get a new gauge. I would like to see FFR offer the 1904 gauge in the 0-90ohm range to match the Boyd's tank as an option when deleting the FFR tank for the $200.00 credit. They could easily offer the 0-90 ohm gauge for $50 and everyone would be happy and FFR would still make some money for the gauge, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree with your feelings on this issue. I had to purchase the 1904 gauge in August 2011 and posted this in a thread on the other forum. Four years down the track and it is still a problem for current Hot Rod builders. It is my opinion that FFR has other priorities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrel View Post
    I totally agree with your feelings on this issue. I had to purchase the 1904 gauge in August 2011 and posted this in a thread on the other forum. Four years down the track and it is still a problem for current Hot Rod builders. It is my opinion that FFR has other priorities.
    I think it would be a bit more reasonable for Boyd to include the proper gauge with their tanks, we are a fair size customer to them and all FF's have this issue.

FF on the other hand has a take it all approach on their fuel tank and components so when you delete the tank it seems un-reasonable to expect them
    to offer a gauge that works with Boyd. I would agree it's past time for FF to correct all the issues with their tank so we wouldn't need to delete it from an order.
    They say they fixed it but until they drop it a few inches so it fills properly it isn't fixed IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if any builders have gone with the Hot Rod FFR One Piece Gauge Cluster and the Boyd Tank and if so how did they get compatibility?

Tech Support, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,

The optional Factory Five Hot Rod Gauge Cluster does come with a Programmable Fuel Gauge, and should be compatible with the ohm range of the sending unit that Boyd uses.

Dan@FFR

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dan. It's a nice looking bit of kit.