Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2015 Coyote 33-What is this part?

Post Thanks / Like

2015 Coyote 33-What is this part?

I Finally got the 2015 coyote engine after selling the 2011 engine i had picked up. I'm noticing a few difference but one seems like it could turn into a real problem. I'm hoping I'm wrong. i don't see this part at the back of the engine in any photos or referencing in the installation guide for the coyote for the 33 and i didn't see in on the 2011 engine that i had. What is this part and do i need it. It seems like it would cause an interference to the firewall. In the manual it says that the fit back there is so tight that you might have to grid down some of the bolts and if that's the case i don't see how this engine will fit since this part sits proud of the back of the engine. Any help or incite will be greatly appreciated.

My build site : www.ScootinThunder33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    After doing some searching i found one image off of the ford voodoo engine pointing to a part that looks like this and calling it the "charge motion control valve actuators" sounds like its nothing something that relocated. Again if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct, Ford went back to the charge motion control, or Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC), as used on the 4.6 before the Coyote. It is a butterfly valve in each intake port that helps with low-end torque. Many tuners remove them and block off the valve's shaft openings in the intake. You lose a bit of low-end, but most make up for it with a supercharger or turbos!

I don't know of a way to remove them on the new Coyote short of an intake swap (Boss 302 or aftermarket manifolds that are now dropping from Holley and Edelbrock)...

HTH...
    Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Man View Post
    You are correct, Ford went back to the charge motion control, or Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC), as used on the 4.6 before the Coyote. It is a butterfly valve in each intake port that helps with low-end torque. Many tuners remove them and block off the valve's shaft openings in the intake. You lose a bit of low-end, but most make up for it with a supercharger or turbos!

I don't know of a way to remove them on the new Coyote short of an intake swap (Boss 302 or aftermarket manifolds that are now dropping from Holley and Edelbrock)...

HTH...
    Mark
    Thanks for the reply, I ended up just replacing the intake with the boss. Engine is now in and cant wait to start it up. Waiting on the Ford coyote control pack now. 50 days now

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't want to wait on the FPRP Control Pack there are a few other options, including the AEM Infinity setup and a kit from Ron Francis (can control manual or auto trans, return or returnless fuel, but you need to get your own PCM)...

Just a thought...
    Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes