Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2015 Coyote 33-What is this part?

Post Thanks / Like

2015 Coyote 33-What is this part?

Re-posting this here as well.
    I Finally got the 2015 coyote engine after selling the 2011 engine i had picked up. I'm noticing a few difference but one seems like it could turn into a real problem. I'm hoping I'm wrong. i don't see this part at the back of the engine in any photos or referencing in the installation guide for the coyote for the 33 and i didn't see in on the 2011 engine that i had. What is this part and do i need it. It seems like it would cause an interference to the firewall. In the manual it says that the fit back there is so tight that you might have to grid down some of the bolts and if that's the case i don't see how this engine will fit since this part sits proud of the back of the engine. Any help or incite will be greatly appreciated.

My build site : www.ScootinThunder33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    After doing some searching i found one image off of the ford voodoo engine pointing to a part that looks like this and calling it the "charge motion control valve actuators" sounds like its nothing something that relocated. Again if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out this thread.
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Just posted this on the other forum, but will post a copy here as well: What you pictured are indeed the vacuum motors for the charge motion control valves (CMCV) system added to the 2015-2016 Coyote motors. Their purpose is to provide a better power curve at lower RPM's. There are valves controlling the airflow inside the intake manifold runners. They retract out of the way at higher RPM's. These were used on previous mod motors, but were often deleted because they robbed power. But supposedly Ford got these right, and they retract completely out of the intake airflow, unlike previous versions. I doubt they can be easily removed. At the very least, once removed, the PCM tune would need to be adjusted and the CMCV function disabled.

I'm installing the 2015-2016 Coyote in a Roadster. Build thread in my sig line. I have the engine mocked up in the chasses, and fortunately the CMCV actuators don't interfere with anything. I'm not touching 'em!
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's good to hear. I placed the motor mounts on last night to get a measurement from the mounts to the firewall. It looks like its 7" on the dot. It's very difficult to tell if this will fit. As is it looks like its 1/8" off from working. I'll call ff up today and see what they say.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I am late to this thread, and am just starting with research on the new Coyote motor fit. But I am having the same problem with the CMCV's (charge motion control valves) at the back of the engine. I calculated that I would need at least 3/4" more room to get it to fit. Was there and resolution to this problem, or another thread that addressed this?? Help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ended up swapping for a boss 302 intake manifold but now it looks like I'll have to make the hood taller to fit. Not sure if the supercharged hood will fit and fix that though. One fix that I came across just a while ago is mmr CMCV. http://www.lethalperformance.com/mmr...manifolds.html
    They should alow you to remove them and still use stock manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by MAHunt View Post
    I know I am late to this thread, and am just starting with research on the new Coyote motor fit. But I am having the same problem with the CMCV's (charge motion control valves) at the back of the engine. I calculated that I would need at least 3/4" more room to get it to fit. Was there and resolution to this problem, or another thread that addressed this?? Help.