Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Title and Registration for WRX if tearing down

Post Thanks / Like

Title and Registration for WRX if tearing down

Picked up my WRX donor last week. Received the title (fully working vehicle, but plan is to do full tear down and sell parts I don't use. My question is do I need to register the vehicle, am assuming no, since I am essentially salvaging?

Thanks in advance for help

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbiglar View Post
    Picked up my WRX donor last week. Received the title (fully working vehicle, but plan is to do full tear down and sell parts I don't use. My question is do I need to register the vehicle, am assuming no, since I am essentially salvaging?

Thanks in advance for help
    Welcome to the USA.
    When you buy any thing, you have to pay sales tax. I guess they should call it buyers tax.
    That will happen when you title the wrx in your name.

When you go to title the 818, You will have to show proof of ownership of the donor wrx. The Title.
    At that point you will have to pay tax on the FFR price plus other parts that were bought without paying tax.
    Since the donor is already yours, you don't pay tax on the donor twice.

That is my story here in Ohio,
    It may be different for you.
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 12-31-2015 at 11:12 PM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your help....gives me something to go on as I research for Iowa. Happy New Year!