Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wallace18"s MK4 Build Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wallace18"s MK4 Build Thread

Well I decided to pull the trigger on a MK4 during the 50% sale. This will be my 6th Factory five build and 4th personal one. I have built a 33, 3-818's and a Type 65. I currently have my Coupe for sale but I have a good feeling it is closing on a sale soon. I pick up my kit on 1/30/16 or there about. I will be scanning the build threads here. I look forward to help as I did on my other builds and maybe offer some of my ideas as well. When I was at FFR this summer my wife sat in several MK4's that were in the showroom. She really liked how much easier they were to get in and out of compared to the coupe. Being the thoughtful husband I am I told her I would sell the coupe and build a MK4 for her. She had a Miata and misses the open top driving.

Here is what I am starting with and as always will most likely spend 25% more than I wanted to. LOL. I did save a ton buying on the 50% sale though.

MK4 complete kit, I bought a 93 5.0 out of a Mustang GT from Prestige Mustang as well as a T-5 and 3:27 rear end all for $1700.00.
    ceramic headers
    Chrome roll bars, I will basically build the engine the same as my Coupe. I will add A/C and other goodies from FFR vendors.
    Chrome bumpers
    3-link
    Powder coat chassis
    T-5 setup
    302 mounts
    wind wings
    sun visors
    floor mats
    brake mesh
    grommets
    side louver
    17" wheels
    big & tall leather seats
    GPS gauge set
    body cut outs
    11.65 rear disc's
    soft top
    extra side mirror
    power steering kit, I look forward to doing this build. I am still waiting on parts to finish my customers Electric 818, so I will bounce back and forth putting emphasis on finishing the 818.
    Last edited by wallace18; 01-16-2016 at 06:14 PM.