Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Factory Five's Ultimate Trailer Solutions!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Factory Five's Ultimate Trailer Solutions!

Meet the three newest members of the Factory Five family! Working with our partners at UTC (Universal Trailer Corporation), we’ve designed three great trailer options. You can buy a trailer direct from us with your kit purchase, and simply show-up with a truck and a trailer hitch.

We have been buying and using trailers for the last 20 plus years. In that time, we have learned what works and what doesn’t work with trailers. We decided to design three distinct trailers for three distinct applications. Check out the Factory Five 18′, 20′, and 24′ aluminum race trailers.

Our goal is to provide our customer with the perfect trailer solution for their Factory Five. Show or Race your trailer is an extension of your Factory Five.

Factory Five 24 Premium Enclosed Car Trailer – $19,990

The Factory Five 24 is our feature packed, top of the line, all-aluminum, enclosed double axle race trailer that is loaded with every feature you’ll need for shows or races. Click here for full details.

Factory Five 20 Enclosed Car Trailer – $9,990

The Factory Five 20 is a value priced, all-aluminum, enclosed double axle race trailer loaded with all of the important features you need for show or race duty. Click here for full details.

Factory Five 18 Car Trailer – $6,800

The Factory Five 18 is an open, all-aluminum, double axle car hauler that is designed to last a lifetime. Click here for full details.

Our partner UTC makes trailers under the brands Wells Cargo, Featherlite, Haulmark, and others. After 20 years of throw-away trailers, we decided to limit our offerings to all-aluminum, lifetime construction from the best in the business.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish there were distribution points across the states for pick up as MA is quite far
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

They look sharp!!
    No need for a side door to get out of the car (Coupe owner here)?

Thanks,

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dol View Post

They look sharp!!

John
    It's probably an option John. I was at the Open House this year and in talking to the Rep. it seemed as though they could still option out a trailer for you from what I was told. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. That is one option I wish I would have added to our trailer, as I have been hoping to add a Coupe to the stable. I guess I can always fab one up.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

They look sharp!!

Thanks,

John
    Hi John,

If options can be added, you may want to think about a floor mounted winch. That way you could winch the car into the trailer and not hurt the doors trying to climb in and out. I've had my GTM moved a three or four of times, and I've found that in all cases (so far) there just isn't any room to open the door at all. (Due to the fender wells of the trailer). Climbing out once it is loaded, and back in to unload was a bear. In my opinion, this would be an awesome option to add, and I don't think it really costs that much. Good luck, and enjoy that Type 65 Coupe!

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

The only option we currently have is with or without the Factory Five graphics.

Greg
    Factory Five

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hoy View Post
    Hello,

The only option we currently have is with or without the Factory Five graphics.

Greg
    Factory Five
    Without...? Why wouldn't you want the F5R graphics? It makes the trailer as cool as the cars inside.

But that's just me.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree the 20 and 24 trailers look great with the graphics. They will look even better when our custom '33 Bonneville Kidney Bean Style trailer wheels. No need to wait for the new wheels to place your order, we will send you a set when they come in.

Greg
    Factory Five

Post Thanks / Like
    These look awesome. Any idea the weight of the trailers, empty?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Hi John,

If options can be added, you may want to think about a floor mounted winch. That way you could winch the car into the trailer and not hurt the doors trying to climb in and out. I've had my GTM moved a three or four of times, and I've found that in all cases (so far) there just isn't any room to open the door at all. (Due to the fender wells of the trailer). Climbing out once it is loaded, and back in to unload was a bear. In my opinion, this would be an awesome option to add, and I don't think it really costs that much. Good luck, and enjoy that Type 65 Coupe!

Mike
    Looks like the 24' comes with a floor mounted winch. The 24' is the one for me!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Without...? Why wouldn't you want the F5R graphics? It makes the trailer as cool as the cars inside.

Mike
    Mike,

Why would you want people to know what is inside your enclosed trailer?

There are a lot of bad people out there just looking for their next target, and unless you've been hiding under a rock for the last few years, you'll know that race cars, and race car trailers are stolen every day, some never to be seen again.

That's just me, as some of the cars I've transported in my old trailers were worth seven figures, and stopping for food/fuel/sleep, the last thing I worried about was getting the rig stolen. Why, because mine was a dull, uncleaned, scraped trailer parked among the nice shiny, flashy ones. As a thief, which would you be after?

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dave,

They look sharp!!

Thanks,

John
    It does look like the enclosed trailers have side doors – 48” Wide Aluminum Framed Side Entry Door, Right Hand Hinged with Flush Lock for the 24’ and– 32” Aluminum Framed Side Entry Door with Flushlock for the 20’

Bill Lomenick
    Chotis Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOTIS BILL View Post
    It does look like the enclosed trailers have side doors – 48” Wide Aluminum Framed Side Entry Door, Right Hand Hinged with Flush Lock for the 24’ and– 32” Aluminum Framed Side Entry Door with Flushlock for the 20’

Bill Lomenick
    I think those are entry doors Bill. What John wants is a side escape door so you can open the coupe door inside the trailer, like this:

EDIT: I do think that with the winch this door might not be needed.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    As someone who got basically trapped inside my coupe inside the trailer when the battery died
    and the car stalled, no escape door = non-starter for me and I suspect others. While you roadster
    guys can just hop over the side door, that's not an option for the rest of us and I suspect the
    hot-rod and 818 guys will have the same issue...
    FFR4784CP - The first coupe with a "Falk'n Bubble"
    http://www.replicapromotions.com

Saleen - Power in the hands of a fool!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfalk View Post
    As someone who got basically trapped inside my coupe inside the trailer when the battery died
    and the car stalled, no escape door = non-starter for me and I suspect others. While you roadster
    guys can just hop over the side door, that's not an option for the rest of us and I suspect the
    hot-rod and 818 guys will have the same issue...
    Except for us clowns with R frame 818's. No doors to open!

Post Thanks / Like
    All great feedback guys. David that is exactly what I was talking about.
    One question with the winch. I can see winching it in the trailer, but how do you winch it out?!
    Trailer virgin here

Thanks,

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We really struggled with the side door and we MAY decide to add that later. For now, the walls are carpeted on the bottom half and finished on the top half and ceiling. There is a winch plate already under the floor if you want to add a winch. I just delivered a 24' last Friday and we're proud of it. I think the 20' aluminum trailer is a more affordable option, but the 24' was put together for a higher-end demand.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Factory Five customer Zach W. from Norfolk, VA stopped by last Friday to pick-up his brand-new Factory Five 24′ all-aluminum trailer. Zack has built a Mk2 Roadster and is building an 818S. Zach was here to pick-up the new 818C front end kit, and he brought the parts home inside his new trailer. Everyone here was jealous of his F-150 Raptor, and now with this aluminum trailer, Zach has a KILLER set-up!

Factory Five Tech Leader Tony Zullo and Zach W.

The beaver tail trailer and aluminum ramp door extensions make sure that low-ride-height vehicles like FFR cars can be driven in and out without damage.

Factory Five President Dave Smith talks with Zach about his cars and his new trailer.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Jealous!!

Absolutely KILLER setup! Zach is hereby granted STUD status!

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap there's pictures of me on the internet now.

Drove the trailer home to Norfolk over the weekend. Put over 800 miles on it. This was the first big towing test for the Raptor, and it did surprisingly well. Engine and brakes are certainly up to the task. I'll be adding a weight-distribution hitch for when it's fully loaded. I have a big move coming up, and I'll take the opportunity to weigh the trailer empty to see where it's at.

I'm glad I called about the trailer when I did. I've been looking at car haulers for a long time. The best I had found available before this was outfitted about 80% of how I wanted it and cost a good bit more. This one is like 95% the way I want it. I'm going to add some tie-down tracks, a couple other small accessories, and probably a winch. The trailer lights are very impressive in person. I really really like the carpet. I'm building an R, so no worries about door dings, but the carpet will make it easy to roll tool boxes and other crap up against the walls without worrying about scratching up or damaging the interior aluminum.

Had a fun time at the factory. Was great to talk to Dave, Tony, and Greg. Tony was very helpful getting the trailer ready to go, and Greg gave a great tour. It was great to talk to Dave about his stints with the 818R on the track. I got a close-up look at the new Ecoboost in the 818C - the engine looks huge in that car. Really renewed my excitement about building the car.

Thanks for everything, guys. The trailer is great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Where's the snow? Last year you were buried... Short sleeves in February Dave... Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice trailers for the money! Especially for being all Aluminum.

David
    Mk4 Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?141-David-s-Mk4-Build-Thread

GTM Project Build site: http://www.gtmbuild.com

Few Cool GTM Parts: http://www.gtmbuild.com/parts.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    The inside of that trailer is impressive, but I really, really like the Raptor.

Zach mentioned a winch and I will second that suggestion - I finally got around to putting one on my trailer with a separate yellow-top Optima (hooked to a battery tender when parked) and it was by far one of the best additions to a trailer that I've ever made.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    All great feedback guys. David that is exactly what I was talking about.
    One question with the winch. I can see winching it in the trailer, but how do you winch it out?!
    Trailer virgin here

Thanks,

John
    Would it work to add a pulley at the back of the trailer (on the floor of course)? Run the cable from the winch, through the pulley, and back up to the front of the vehicle. When you crank on the winch, it should pull the car out - probably far enough to open the door. Maybe? Provided that there is a way to mount the pulley.

Post Thanks / Like
    To get the car out, unhook and give it a shove... gravity and the ramp will take it from there.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074