BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Canadian (Ontario) suppliers of FFR

Post Thanks / Like

Canadian (Ontario) suppliers of FFR

Hey fellow Canadians,

My type-65 is set to be delivered at the end of May, I have some questions regarding Canadian (specifically Ontario) suppliers of FFR parts to complete my kit (suspension bits mostly)

Does anyone have experience they can lend on who their preferred Ontario supplier is?
    Price is of course an issue, but more than anything I want to make sure I'm talking to someone that knows FFR and these kits.

Let me know if you have any advice.

Cheers
    Jonas
    London, Ontario.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not aware of anyone that is an FFR supplier in canada, I am not sure on the type-65 stuff but everything that did not come in my 818 kit I either got on my donor or bought for the 2004 subaru. there is a bunch of thing I just bought and made it fit with a little fabricating and inginuty.

I would guess your car uses a mustang as a donor? you can just buy performance parts to replace the donor parts and any parts that are different from the donor parts should come with the kit ie link rods and ends. so basicly what ever you would buy to modify your mustang rear end will work on your car.

If you are interested I am in Strathroy and building an 818 you can check it out

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpyguy View Post
    If you are interested I am in Strathroy and building an 818 you can check it out
    I would love to see your build. We take delivery of our kit in late May so we have some time.
    The biggest things to source that are somewhat custom FFR are the upper and lower control arms as well as the coil-overs for the front suspension. Most everything else, you are very correct can be sourced from local donors or even new replacement from Mustangs etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jonas-

I don't know the regulations concerning sourcing parts for Canadian import, and kit cars, etc. However, the folks at Whitby Motorcars in Greensboro, NC have some experience in that area. My suggestion would be to give them a shout, and see what they have to say on the subject. If they cannot do it for you, or the Canadian regulations prohibit it, I suspect they may have a way for you to source them in a different way that will satisfy the Canadian government. Here are some details:

http://www.whitbymotorsports.com/UHome.asp

http://www.whitbymotorsports.com/USe...p?serviceid=14

336-373-0835

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Steve!

Post Thanks / Like
    PM Sent

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to check out Fluge's coupe. He is also in London. I'm in Barrie and have a more basic car. Parts sourced from the forum sponsors who provide good parts, and also ebay, Ford and Partsource. Depends what you are looking for. Describe what you are looking for, and we will try to help. I just picked up SN95 spindles and am switching from Fox, if that's what you need.

Regards, Mike
    Coupe 258, picked up Mar 11-06, The Jones build site

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleMaltWSKY View Post
    Hey fellow Canadians,

My type-65 is set to be delivered at the end of May, I have some questions regarding Canadian (specifically Ontario) suppliers of FFR parts to complete my kit (suspension bits mostly)

Does anyone have experience they can lend on who their preferred Ontario supplier is?
    Price is of course an issue, but more than anything I want to make sure I'm talking to someone that knows FFR and these kits.

Let me know if you have any advice.

Cheers
    Jonas
    London, Ontario.
    Get in touch with Whitby motorcars. They will have the "Canadian Completion Kit" for your Coupe. It will have all of the components you need. Western Canada Cobras can also get that stuff through Whitby for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks TommyB - I founds a supplier in Montreal that could assist. Whitby seems to be most peoples go-to, but getting a response from them was really difficult. Not sure if it was just a low season for them and they were understaffed??
    Jonas

Check out our build blog - https://vjjfactoryfive.wordpress.com/
    FFR Type-65 Coupe 720
    London Ontario Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can source it in Canada, it could save quite a bit as well, with our dollar still so weak.
    When I was building my car there was really only a few things I could not seem to find, other than in the US. Koni coil overs for the roadster, being one.
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010