VirtualLook - New 818 Vman style rear bumper for Sale

OK here goes.....

What:
    New 818 rear fiberglass bumper
    Based on the Vman concept

IMG_2131.jpgIMG_2132.jpg

Why:
    Because we can. Just a different look.
    I wanted dual exhaust, and I liked the way Vman broke up the flat rear upper panel. (thanks Vman).
    So I went ahead and asked one of our fiberglass techs if he could make the part I wanted.

I wanted to offer this bumper to give back to all you guys who have helped me by posting on the forum.
    I'm not planning to make money, just passing the cost along to you. Thanks.

Pricing:

Sanding grey/sanding white - $350 plus shipping**
    Solid colour gelcoat - $380 plus shipping **
    ** I haven't yet got pricing for shipping from Canada to the US. One of you will have to check out what any importation duties are. With Free Trade between Canada and the US, I don't pay any duty for incoming auto parts from the US just local taxes. I suspect the US government reciprocates, but I don't know for sure.

Delivery: 3 weeks from order to shipping

Minimum quantity: None - Since I already have made the mould, and pulled the first part (mine) there is no minimum quantity required.

Shipping:
    it will be wrapped in thin foam and boxed in cardboard.
    Same size as the FFR bumper

Includes
    fiberglass rear bumper only

Here is what it looks like on the car:

DSCF4972.jpgDSCF4973.jpgDSCF4974.jpgDSCF4975.jpgDSCF4976.jpgDSCF4977.jpg

and this is the VMAN look I am going for.....
    818S rear view.jpg
    1. Who's interested...?
    Last edited by Harley818; 01-21-2016 at 02:12 AM.
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Interested pending shipping costs. Also, could I get dimensions of the outline of the light area? Wondering if I can fit two of my led lights in there or just one.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in for sanding white or grey. Need shipping quote to 92708. Let me know when you want some money.

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! Might want to check the "Bill of rights" / forum rules for selling quantities of product on the forum. If had already cleared it through the mods then I apologize. If I still had my 818 I would be in line for one of these...I understand the need to give back, I supplied Aluminum spats for the cobra for a time, but I had to team up with a vendor to get the product out there as I couldn't afford the forum Supporting Vendor cost. - nice product by the way.
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry Harley, I closed the thread without realizing you are a new vendor. In doing so all your attachments were lost. You can edit you own post to add them back.

Again, my apologies. I pulled the trigger a little too soon on this.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well there ya go! Need to get his profile updated too dave so it indicates he is a vendor and he can get properly credited.
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm also interested pending shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries David..... I'll repost the pics.
    I didn't realize I was a vendor either till I looked on the vendor page..... so I sent an email to Dave Lindsey and had it confirmed.
    I guess with all the christmas activities I just didn't get notified.

Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Sorry Harley, I closed the thread without realizing you are a new vendor. In doing so all your attachments were lost. You can edit you own post to add them back.

Again, my apologies. I pulled the trigger a little too soon on this.

Harley
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik W. Treves View Post
    Looks great! Might want to check the "Bill of rights" / forum rules for selling quantities of product on the forum. If had already cleared it through the mods then I apologize. If I still had my 818 I would be in line for one of these...I understand the need to give back, I supplied Aluminum spats for the cobra for a time, but I had to team up with a vendor to get the product out there as I couldn't afford the forum Supporting Vendor cost. - nice product by the way.
    Thanks Erik. Yours was one of the first builds I followed. nice work.
    Harley
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechie3 View Post
    Interested pending shipping costs. Also, could I get dimensions of the outline of the light area? Wondering if I can fit two of my led lights in there or just one.
    Craig,
    the dimensions of the new flat area around the lights.....
    12.5 inches across the top radius to radius
    7 in. across the bottom
    2 in from the backup light to the new angled vertical

I'd be interested to see what it looks like.
    i like the look of the rear lights of the GTR - similar to the lights you are or were working with.

If you need more accurate info let me know
    Harley
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Fireblade - I'll call FEDEX and UPS tomorrow to see if they can give me a price to your zip. I need to check for Mechie as well.
    Harley
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, now I just figured out how to respond to multiple quotes.....
    Harley
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    can someone toss up a side by side comparison

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a few, but unfortunately, my own shot of the FFR rear doesn't have very good lighting to show contours.

standard rear 818.jpgDSCF4958.jpg818S rear view.jpgDSC_6645-694x413.jpgrear 818R.jpg
    Harley
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone else besides myself, Fireblade, and Harley have these bumpers? I'm making a run of parts of a custom grille with LED lights in the rear (not the FFR lights). Placing an order soon (like, tonight/tomorrow soon) and if anyone is interested I can get you in the order. The more I order, the cheaper it is. Since I figure there aren't many out there I'll sell the grills at cost. $100 for a set of grilles with pems pressed in. The lights are a little cheaper with the big one vs the two small and would be $200.

Paper test fit:
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone interested in this rear bumper let me know.
    Pricing:

Sanding grey/sanding white - $350 plus shipping**
    Solid colour gelcoat - $380 plus shipping **
    ** so far shipping to Fireblade and Mechie shipping is about $60 - 80USD

Delivery: 3 weeks from order to shipping
    Harley
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love one, but I need to save money until it is at least running. Do you foresee stop selling them anytime soon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone else besides myself, Fireblade, and Harley have these bumpers? I'm making a run of parts of a custom grille with LED lights in the rear (not the FFR lights). Placing an order soon (like, tonight/tomorrow soon) and if anyone is interested I can get you in the order. The more I order, the cheaper it is. Since I figure there aren't many out there I'll sell the grills at cost. $100 for a set of grilles with pems pressed in. The lights are a little cheaper with the big one vs the two small and would be $200.

Paper test fit:
    Mechie, which brand and model tail lights are those? They wouldn't happen to be Hella by any chance?

Harley this is great! keep up the great work!

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by craigfree View Post
    I'd love one, but I need to save money until it is at least running. Do you foresee stop selling them anytime soon?
    No worries. The parts are built one at a time so just let me know if and when you want one.
    Harley
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman7 View Post
    Mechie, which brand and model tail lights are those? They wouldn't happen to be Hella by any chance?

David
    At this point its all Mechie. He's doing all the work with the lights.
    I'm holding out to find 3 smaller red LED's like your concept. It makes it look more like an exotic.
    Harley
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley818 View Post
    At this point its all Mechie. He's doing all the work with the lights.
    I'm holding out to find 3 smaller red LED's like your concept. It makes it look more like an exotic.
    Harley I gather you are talking about this mock-up.

Those group of 3 are Hella 9001, the same ones that FFR uses right now on the 818. They are 66mm (2 19/32) dia. They can be found from a bunch of places. Here is one place Susquehanna MotorSports

The idea behind the 3 Hella lights is to have a module that is flush with the outside of the body and the vert "bars" and the vents are recessed somewhat like the Vantage. Here is a pic of the Vantage to give you an idea.

Sorry for kind of hijacking the thread somewhat. Didn't know where else to post an answer to the group of 3 tail lights.

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 06-21-2016 at 12:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

David
    They are not Hella's. I found them from a supplier in China. I've only seen them one other place (the UK) and they were selling for ~400USD/pair. I got them for a little less than that.

I'll have to figure out mounting for those hella style lights so I can make harley a grill.

Here's a shot of the first real proto I did last night.

Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Craig, many of us will find that our state inspections require a dot reflector on the side in the rear... any ideas there? I found an inexpensive 2 inch round light that would fit flush in a std holesaw cut hole... however my inspection station accepted the two rectangular reflectors that came with the kit. (I had them sitting on the pass seat. He said, I'll pass it, you removed them after I inspected the car...
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Harley I gather you are talking about this mock-up.

Those group of 3 are Hella 9001, the same ones that FFR uses right now on the 818. They are 66mm (2 19/32) dia. They can be found from a bunch of places. Here is one place Susquehanna MotorSports

The idea behind the 3 Hella lights is to have a module that is flush with the outside of the body and the vert "bars" and the vents are recessed somewhat like the Vantage. Here is a pic of the Vantage to give you an idea.

Sorry for kind of hijacking the thread somewhat. Didn't know where else to post an answer to the group of 3 tail lights.

David
    Yes, thats the look I'm going for.
    I'll check out the hella's, I didn't see that they were the same model as our turn/backup lights.
    Harley
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    They are not Hella's. I found them from a supplier in China. I've only seen them one other place (the UK) and they were selling for ~400USD/pair. I got them for a little less than that.

I'll have to figure out mounting for those hella style lights so I can make harley a grill.

Here's a shot of the first real proto I did last night.

That looks really nice. Great job Mechie! Look into the Hella 9001 series (ctr light)can be used with9362 Series LED Ring Lamps for the 9001. Also Hella 8221 Series 55mm (2 5/32") dia. ctr light) can be used with 8405 LED Ring (98mm/3 27/32" outside dia/55mm inside)

Yes, thats the look I'm going for.
    I'll check out the hella's, I didn't see that they were the same model as our turn/backup lights.
    I noticed that Susquehanna MotorSports says that the Hella 9001 Series are DISCONTINUED, CALL FOR AVAILABILITY. That may be true for them, but on the Hella Catalog site it still shows them. Susquehanna may use different model/part numbers then Hella. Those ones I posted are the same ones FFR uses as well as the big tail lights.

Reason I like Susquehanna MotorSports, it's easy to find the lights. Hella's Catalog site is HUGE!, takes forever to find what you are looking for.

Harley, Mechie and for others. Let me get all the info together on the Hella Lights, series #, model #s etc. plus a link to Hella's Catalog site and I'll post them here, so people don't have to do all the research on them.

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 06-21-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll give this link right now for Hella's Catalog. Can spend hours there, if not days....lol Just go to the Lighting Section at the top and choose what basically you are looking for. Just pay attention to 12v and SAE/ECE in the listing of each light.

Hella Catalog

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Vman!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David, that would be great.

40 pages of Hella and finally found the one like FFR. Red lens.

I can see what you mean.... this will take a long time to review them all....
    Last edited by Harley818; 06-21-2016 at 11:36 PM.
    Harley
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David, that would be great.

40 pages of Hella and finally found the one like FFR. Red lens.

I can see what you mean.... this will take a long time to review them all....
    Yeppers!! I must have spent days some years back when researching lights. Hella has a lot of nice lights.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    oh forgot to mention something about the SAE /ECE and DOT. Just because some may not say SAE or ECE doesn't mean they will fail an inspection. Most states will except them. Most SAE are DOT, but some may be DOT, but not SAE.

By law, all headlights and tail lights must be DOT approved to be legal for use on all roads and highways in all 50 states of United States. Head or tail lights without DOT approval are intend for off road use only, and are not legal for use on all US roads and highways. So all DOT approved headlights and tail lights will stamp the word “DOT” on the lights to show law officers that they are street legal and complied with the transportation law. DOT stands for Department of Transportation. It is the federal agency that set standards for car lightings. In order for head or tail light to be DOT approved, the product must meet strict regulations, standards, specifications and tests. It is to ensure the product is safe to use in public, serve its purposes and provide adequate illumination.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) is a world wide organization that sets automotive standards for the manufacturing, testing and design of car lightings. To be SAE approved, all headlights and tail lights must past certain standards, test procedures and material test; set by SAE to guide the quality of the product.

Note: SAE approved headlights and tail lights are not street legal in US, until they are approved by DOT. In short, SAE guide the quality of the product, and DOT test the product to make sure it is fully complied with transportation law and approve for use in all US roads and highways.

Bottom line: All headlights and tail lights must be DOT approved for the USA.

Special note on the ECE lights. Just because they are approved for Europe, doesn't mean you can't use them here in the USA.

Most likely if the Hella lights are sold by a reputable supplier, they will be DOT.

Now that doesn't mean if you do say a custom LED strip for tail/brake lights they will fail inspection. Most inspections are looking for the use and if they are bright enough for what the lights are intended for, and if they function properly. Then of course you have the by the book butt-heads that are so nit picky they would fail their own mothers...lol

I would suggest the best thing to do is, once you find the lights you like, Hella for example, is to take the sku/part # and do a google search and see who sells them, and to see if they sell them in the USA.

David
    Last edited by Vman7; 06-22-2016 at 12:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok now back to the regularly scheduled program...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Vman, I looked at the hella lights and liked them but was turned off by the ~$900 price tag for a full set. The lights I found I was offering for ~$250-$300/set. They aren't SAE/DOT but are ECE. Agree the Hella catalog is difficult to search.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Vman, I looked at the hella lights and liked them but was turned off by the ~$900 price tag for a full set. The lights I found I was offering for ~$250-$300/set. They aren't SAE/DOT but are ECE. Agree the Hella catalog is difficult to search.
    Yeah, Hella lights can get expensive real fast, especially the LEDs. Once in a great while, some places have some on sale.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    OK guys, I called Susquehanna today and they are checking on availability of the Hella 9001's (like the ones FFR gave us for backup and turn on the back).
    In the meantime, I am mocking up a panel to mount 3 lights on a black panel (per Vman's concept).

I'm thinking of the following functionality....

Option 1:
    the outside red light and inside red light will be braking and turning, the middle will be the clear/amber light we got from FFR, switching to backup per FFR plan.
    When you have running lights on then the outside and inside are less dimly lit red and when you step on the brake, you get bright red on the inside and outside

Option 2:
    the outside red light only will be braking and turning, the inside red will be just running light, and the middle will be the clear/amber light we got from FFR, switching to backup per FFR plan, .
    When you have running lights on then the outside and inside are less dimly lit red and when you step on the brake, you get bright red only on the outside red light.

What do you think? Which option would you pick?
    When I get the mockup done, I'll post pics.
    Last edited by Harley818; 06-23-2016 at 12:34 AM.
    Harley
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    OK guys, I called Susquehanna today and they are checking on availability of the Hella 9001's (like the ones FFR gave us for backup and turn on the back).
    In the meantime, I am mocking up a panel to mount 3 lights on a black panel (per Vman's concept).

I'm thinking of the following functionality....

Option 1:
    the outside red light and inside red light will be braking and turning, the middle will be the clear/amber light we got from FFR, switching to backup per FFR plan.
    When you have running lights on then the outside and inside are less dimly lit red and when you step on the brake, you get bright red on the inside and outside

Option 2:
    the outside red light only will be braking and turning, the inside red will be just running light, and the middle will be the clear/amber light we got from FFR, switching to backup per FFR plan, .
    When you have running lights on then the outside and inside are less dimly lit red and when you step on the brake, you get bright red only on the outside red light.

What do you think? Which option would you pick?
    When I get the mockup done, I'll post pics.
    Harley, I would say Option 1, that was the idea when I laid out the mock-up. Since the lights are smaller then the big one FFR has, my thinking was to definitely let people know the car was stopping. I could add a led 3rd brake strip somewhere though.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone picking up this bumper? I really like the way it updates the look to a more modern theme. Here's a shot of mine finally mounted on the car and with another one of the grilles in place.

Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be in for a bumper as well - I really like the look of the bumper and the three light set-up...BUT, I have shoulder surgery on Wed and my car time will be limited for a bit - but I can click and order with one hand

Post Thanks / Like
    Just pm Harley818 (guy who started this thread) to ask about pricing and shipping. It's his bumper, not mine. I just made the grills in the pic above for myself and 07Fireblade.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Craig, yes will do -- Harley PM sent. I can hear my wife now, "oh, the kit didn't come with a bumper?" She is has been graced with the gift of sarcasm....

Post Thanks / Like
    hey that looks good Craig. Sorry..... i'm out of town so haven't been checking regularly on here.
    Anyone wants a bumper just PM me. probably about 2 - 3 wks delivery.

The hella lights I was going to use are discontinued, so I need to find something else.
    Anyone know a good source for red LED's about the same diameter as the Hellas that came with the kit?... let me know.
    I am still going for the 3 light look.
    Harley
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015