Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Battery problem solved

Post Thanks / Like

Battery problem solved

Hello everyone. I have been toying with what battery to put in the hot rod. I found that Optima yellow top fits and a test fitted it with the back panel in the car. I felt it was to close to the panel that is under the gas tank and in a accident it could ground out on the panel. I came up with a solution that someone else may want to use. I used a rubber mat from a horse stall and I used a router to carve out a groove then I installed it between the top of the battery and the panel under the gas tank. I hope this helps someone. Keep on trucking! image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    That rubber mat looks like a great idea
    I'm surprised that battery fit, did you lower the shelf a bit like I did on mine ?
    Dale
    Hemi33

Post Thanks / Like
    No it fit with some juggling. Thanks for looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to get the optima in (sheet metal was on) but could not quite get it - was close, but no cigar. You must have done it just right. I ended up using the Odyssey 925
    Bill
    '33HR #522, LS3, TKO 500, Boyd's Tank, QA1 Shocks, Double Roll Bars

Post Thanks / Like
    I put my Optima in the trunk. Then I built a fiberglass "glove box" to go into the space where the battery normally would reside. I also hid my battery cutoff switch in the glove box. Gives me storage inside the cabin, a battery I can access, and a way to prevent easy theft of the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."

Post Thanks / Like

sideways?

Quote Originally Posted by Niagara Dave View Post
    Hello everyone. I have been toying with what battery to put in the hot rod. I found that Optima yellow top fits and a test fitted it with the back panel in the car. I felt it was to close to the panel that is under the gas tank and in a accident it could ground out on the panel. I came up with a solution that someone else may want to use. I used a rubber mat from a horse stall and I used a router to carve out a groove then I installed it between the top of the battery and the panel under the gas tank. I hope this helps someone. Keep on trucking! image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
    Hey Dave, Can't you install those AGM batteries on their side to get better connectivity? Just curious but I'd look into it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kraftee View Post
    I put my Optima in the trunk. Then I built a fiberglass "glove box" to go into the space where the battery normally would reside. I also hid my battery cutoff switch in the glove box. Gives me storage inside the cabin, a battery I can access, and a way to prevent easy theft of the car.
    I really like that idea, I'll have to steal it. :P