FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hidden antenna

Post Thanks / Like

Hidden antenna

I am installing audio system in my hot rod and I am wondering what people have used for an antenna? I am also putting in a system with Bluetooth has anyone put this in and were did you put the microphone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Niagara Dave View Post
    I am installing audio system in my hot rod and I am wondering what people have used for an antenna? I am also putting in a system with Bluetooth has anyone put this in and were did you put the microphone?
    My experience is with a Roadster and not a 33 so your results may vary. I mounted the antenna under the body in the back of the car. It comes up thru a grommet in the trunk floor and next to the roll bar. Fully extended it is about 24". In the city reception is fine, in the "burbs" it's fair. I use the bluetooth to stream music from my phone to the stereo but not often. What I do use the most is the USB jack on the front of the stereo. I have a 16GB thumb drive and have almost my entire music library on it. Love it. I've never answered or received a call through the Bluetooth in the Roadster since it was installed. With an open air car and sidepipes it's hard enough just to hear the music at speed. If you have a top on the 33 you may be fine.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    I used this from Crutchfield in my 818: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_12044UA...t-Antenna.html It is not perfect, but gets most of the FM stations my cars with OEM systems do. It worked better when attached at the base of the windshield than when I moved it under the dash. I do have blue tooth, and it works although as mentioned above not too useful in an open car with loud exhaust. The micro phone is mounted at the bottom of the dash near the steering column.