Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: #8793 MK4 Build ('15 IRS, '16 Coyote, 15" wheels)

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Duke,
    I just saw your build thread here.
    WOW... Extremely well documented with tons of photos.. You prepped & painted it yourself!!! Amazing job.. If you are in the area I would love to check out your build...
    I love the undercar exhaust. Such a nice reflection of the car without a sidepipe. Extra bonus is no burned legs.
    All the best to you and your car!

Mike Forte
    Last edited by mike forte; 09-04-2017 at 03:12 PM.
    Mike Forte: Forte's Parts Connection / Framingham, Mass. 01702 / 508 875 0016 / [email protected] / fortesparts.com / Facebook Instagram: @fortespartconnection Est: 1981 dealing performance parts to build your dream car. A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge. Developer of the early Ford & FE Tremec and Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kits, external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions. Tremec Elite, FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Last week I put a gopro on the cobra and took it for a ride. This was probably the last fall drive as it snowed last night. This is my first attempt at any type of video/editing so it may be a little rough. Anyways...

3. Thanks SanDogDewey thanked for this post
    Likes BlueMud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice build. I love the clean look with no hood scoop or side pipes. Very nice sound to the car. Well done.

Cobra Doc
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're not worthy!!

200w_d.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    Duke,

Love the build thread and the end product. Much to learn from and much respect on the self-guided body work and paint.

Took delivery and started my build in August (still trying to get a build thread going...)

I'm local to you (i.e.Taxachusetts). I would love to connect with you sometime to get some insight and pointers on the registration and inspection process here in our lovely state.

Thanks again,

Mark
    Mk4 #9165, Base Kit with lots of options, Delivery on 08/17/2017, Coyote, TKO600, 2015 IRS, 18" Halibrands, 12.99" Wilwoods

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for taking all the time to post! Great reference thread for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    New toy arrived Friday. I guess I gotta keep up with the Jones's (aka Scott)

930 turbo race car/street car. 440hp to the rear wheels, 2,500 lbs. wet. Pulls a little harder than the cobra, but I'm still waiting on fresh rubber and warmer weather before I line them up against each other. Waiting for spring to arrive before I can finally clean out the New England road salt/mud from the garage.

Last edited by Duke; 05-25-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    SOOOO when you line them up against each other who is driving the 2nd one? (checking flights to Boston)
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    New toy arrived Friday. I guess I gotta keep up with the Jones's (aka Scott)
    Quite often, members on the forum convince other members into purchasing upgrades for their FFR kits (help them spend their money)...but this is getting out of hand. I don't think my wife will go for this one. HAHA

Sweet cars!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Updated the images to work again.

Just a quick pick from two weeks ago or so when I had opticoat ceramic applied.

12. Thanks SanDogDewey, mike8082 thanked for this post
    Likes mike8082 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats Beautiful.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude... I know your handle is Duke, but Dude!!!

You are killing me!! First that beautiful build. Now, that crazy Porsche!! Good grief. Frank is right, there's no way the wife will approve that one!!

Congratulations on the garage upgrade. Also, with the ceramic topcoat on the Roadster. I think it will really set off that stunning black paint!

Just for the record though. Scott got himself a NEW Porsche, and recently added an older Porsche to work on. Seems to me you are a Porsche short... Just sayin'...

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Just for the record Ryan mentioned lining them up against each other when the weather got warmer. It is warmer and I will be seeing him this Wednesday! Which do I get to drive?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Just for the record Ryan mentioned lining them up against each other when the weather got warmer. It is warmer and I will be seeing him this Wednesday! Which do I get to drive?
    Both, and yes we are lining them up...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Dude... I know your handle is Duke, but Dude!!!

You are killing me!! First that beautiful build. Now, that crazy Porsche!! Good grief. Frank is right, there's no way the wife will approve that one!!

Congratulations on the garage upgrade. Also, with the ceramic topcoat on the Roadster. I think it will really set off that stunning black paint!

Just for the record though. Scott got himself a NEW Porsche, and recently added an older Porsche to work on. Seems to me you are a Porsche short... Just sayin'...

Regards,

Steve
    lol, thx. I have an architect currently working on a 40x32 garage for me so I can solve the space issue. After that, I have a 56 on the drawing board with a speedtech chassis and probably a TT LS motor, although I'm trying to see if my wife wants a classic 911 or a modern one made to look like a classic for her.

Something like these two...

Post Thanks / Like
    Duke-

Great new project choices! I really like the relatively recent trend towards resto-mods. It can really make an older vehicle more user and even daily driver useful in many cases. To me, that is so much better than a trailer queen; in my opinion...

A 40 x 32 garage will be great! I am hoping my next place will have something similar, or that CINCHOUSE allows me to build one. I only have two moves left in me. One to my retirement house, and the next into a box. So, I need to get that retirement house just right! HA!

In the meantime, I will live vicariously through guys like you!! Awesome Duke!!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Parking brake, done (minus the driveshaft bolts, they are now in).

Hey Ryan........what stops the caliper from moving within the groove when the brake is released? I know it can't go anywhere as the rotor will hold it from sliding out but what about movement and the pads rubbing against the rotor when turning? Am I missing something? Shouldn't that caliper be secured to the brace other than it sliding in? Mine is very loose...........
    Build#1: MKIV Roadster #9320

Post Thanks / Like
    It floats, it has to or it would bind up
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhhhhhh...........
    Build#1: MKIV Roadster #9320

Post Thanks / Like
    Last week I put a gopro on the cobra and took it for a ride. This was probably the last fall drive as it snowed last night. This is my first attempt at any type of video/editing so it may be a little rough. Anyways...

Beautiful car! I’d love to have one just like it.....in red!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234