Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PDG GTM Crash Video Now Posted

Post Thanks / Like

PDG GTM Crash Video Now Posted

www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool video Mike. I thought you made it by the BMW. He was doing fine out there if he would have eased back on to the track. I guess he hooked the inside tire as soon as he hit pavement and ... Yeah.

Driving at night looks fun too. I need to try that.

Great job this year. You guys should be able to get some support for next year.

Thanks for sharing.

John
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks John.

Yes I had, in my mind, already passed the BMW and was moving mentally on to dealing with the fact that I was way off line for the approaching corner. It doesn't really look like it in the video but both me and the BMW directly in front of me had moved WAY right to give the off roader a bunch of room.

On the plus side for the guy that hit me, had I not been there it is likely he would have made it across the track and hit the corner worker station with a lot of speed. His car was very much destroyed as the front of the BMW was crushed back beyond the front suspension and in fact I believe his left front strut assembly was torn into pieces as I found those parts the next morning while the track people and I cleaned up the debris field. It was a hard hit.

Don't know if you can go frame by frame on YouTube, but when I did that here on my editor, I am moving laterally in the car A LOT. I really thought I had cleared him, but the video and the damage show that if he had been just 6 inches further forward I would have had BMW bumper coming through the door.
    Last edited by crash; 02-01-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts