BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from Boyertown, PA

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Boyertown, PA

Hi folks,

Just thought I would get it out there and introduce myself. I've been cruising this forum for awhile now seeking answers to many questions and since I finally took the "next step" and put a deposit down on an MK4, I figured it's time to get signed up.

I guess everyone on this site starts out with a vision unlike mine which goes something like this;

I've owned and restored a couple of cars over the years only to end up with a pretty cherry 87 fox 5.0. The truth is, after reaching the point where I needed to make the decision of whether to sink some serious cash/effort into the car, I decided to sell it. Whelp, that didn't pan out so well as I would of taken a serious hit $$ wise. Where I live, 5.0's are still daily drivers for some folk. That left me wondering what to do and in turn landed me on the factory five home page. My juices started flowing to say the least. That was about 3 years ago.

Since that discovery or epiphany if you will, I completely dismantled the mustang, sold off what I could, refurbed anything salvable, built an incredible motor, rebuilt the tranny rear end. What I didn't anticipate to this point is if I could get as far as I have. Like I said previously, I've restored a few cars in my time but never have I built a motor from scratch let alone a T5 or an 8.8 ford rear. Pretty rewarding up to this point. The one thing I can say is, I know every damn bolt, screw etc. in the driveline. Since doing so, I have gained a bunch of confidence that I can "do this".

So here I sit, waiting........ 02/27/16 is my completion date. In the meantime, I have a body buck to build!!

RickP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum and enjoy the build. Don't get too hung up on dates it does change a bit especially if you are having it delivered. The fun part is making it your own.
    Dale Berry 7L Hemi 33

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick,

If you have not done so yet, reach out to the Lehigh Valley regional saac group, as there are several of their members (just up RT100 from you) that have built, street, and/or races FFR roadsters. Great resources there.

Bill S.

PS: When you are finished and need a no hassle annual inspection, I highly suggest Mike or Manny at M&M Lube & Auto in Pottstown

Quote Originally Posted by RickP View Post
    Hi folks,

Just thought I would get it out there and introduce myself. I've been cruising this forum for awhile now seeking answers to many questions and since I finally took the "next step" and put a deposit down on an MK4, I figured it's time to get signed up.

I guess everyone on this site starts out with a vision unlike mine which goes something like this;

I've owned and restored a couple of cars over the years only to end up with a pretty cherry 87 fox 5.0. The truth is, after reaching the point where I needed to make the decision of whether to sink some serious cash/effort into the car, I decided to sell it. Whelp, that didn't pan out so well as I would of taken a serious hit $$ wise. Where I live, 5.0's are still daily drivers for some folk. That left me wondering what to do and in turn landed me on the factory five home page. My juices started flowing to say the least. That was about 3 years ago.

Since that discovery or epiphany if you will, I completely dismantled the mustang, sold off what I could, refurbed anything salvable, built an incredible motor, rebuilt the tranny rear end. What I didn't anticipate to this point is if I could get as far as I have. Like I said previously, I've restored a few cars in my time but never have I built a motor from scratch let alone a T5 or an 8.8 ford rear. Pretty rewarding up to this point. The one thing I can say is, I know every damn bolt, screw etc. in the driveline. Since doing so, I have gained a bunch of confidence that I can "do this".

So here I sit, waiting........ 02/27/16 is my completion date. In the meantime, I have a body buck to build!!

RickP.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    How about that, one day on the forum and I have already received some most valuable resource information. I will certainly reach out to the LV regional saac group and also Mike and Manny at M&M (I think I know the place). I've found its really who you know that really matters when taking on a venture like this.

Thank you very much Bill.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about that, one day on the forum and I have already received some most valuable resource information. I will certainly reach out to the LV regional saac group and also Mike and Manny at M&M (I think I know the place). I've found its really who you know that really matters when taking on a venture like this.

Thank you very much Bill.
    Closest specialty inspection place (for your initial safety inspection when you submit for your title) is Blast From The Past, they are Cobra knowledgeable and I have used them over a dozen times when I was still in the area.

Bill S.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    I've driven by Blast from the Past many times and always wondered. Sounds like you know the area all to well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your build.
    Doug
    Built FFR5196 MKII in 2003, 427w
    Building FFR0058HR, Edlebrock 347-AOD

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. I didn't find it any harder to build the roadster than to do the hot rods that I rebuilt. Have a great time on your build. Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    I've driven by Blast from the Past many times and always wondered. Sounds like you know the area all to well.
    9 years and 15 cobras ago
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick

Welcome, we are slowing progressing on a build in Collegeville and I am aware of a few others nearby. Always willing to have company if you are interested in stopping by send me a PM. Agree with Blast from The Past, I have stopped in there a few times and am considering them to paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Rick , sounds like your ready! I too just started mk4 , using a donor mustang . Almost have a roller, more then welcome to see what little things need to be done using a donor . Oh yea, I also live in gilbertsville ! Best of luck .