BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: UPDATE: 2016 Walter Mitty at Road Atlanta April 22-24, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: 2016 Walter Mitty at Road Atlanta April 22-24, 2016

I'm trying to find out if there is any interest in organizing a Cobra Corral at the Walter Mitty Vintage Races at Road Atlanta, April 22-24. If you are interested in attending this great event with any make or model of Cobra, please let me know. Once I get a headcount I will contact Rick Goolsby at Grassroots Motorsports to get the details for purchasing tickets and passes for the corral.

Tickets are now available through the HSR web site. All tickets now come with an infield parking pass http://www.hsrtickets.com/12-2016-the-mitty

We had a great time last year with Cobras coming in from South Carolina, Florida and the Chattanooga Cobra Club including some local Cobras and a Coupe.

Update 2/13/2016:
    I received this response from Rick Goolsby today.

With Ford being the featured marque this year, there will be one big Ford corral. Within that corral, there will be Mustangs, Cobras, Coupes and other models being divided into groups.

The ticketing is going to be different this year in that we have included parking in the price of the ticket to get into the infield. There is a specific code for the Ford (and Cobra) groups that will be attending in order to get $5 off the ticket price when ordering. The code is: MittyFord and is case sensitive.

They also plan some improvements to the corral areas such as bringing in #4 gravel and packing it down in all the traditional car corral parking areas.

Update 3/31/16:
    In past years we have received a "Corral" window decal that was required to get into the Cobra Corral parking area. When I received my tickets, there wasn't a Corral window decal included so I asked Rick is we needed them this year. He said no more decals. You just need your ticket to get in and then head over to the infield and look for the Ford flag. I hope to see you there this year.

Let me know if you plan to attend this year.

Gary
    Last edited by Cobra4GC; 03-31-2016 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Update information

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in!

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I could be there but will be on a 14 day cruise with family. Hope y'all have a great time!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Bopp View Post
    Wish I could be there but will be on a 14 day cruise with family. Hope y'all have a great time!

Garry
    Garry, You will be missed however I hope you enjoy the cruise. We will also miss your motorhome as our anchor point for the social activities.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    I added this to the original post.

Update 2/13/2016:
    I received this response from Rick Goolsby today.

With Ford being the featured marque this year, there will be one big Ford corral. Within that corral, there will be Mustangs, Cobras, Coupes and other models being divided into groups.

The ticketing is going to be different this year in that we have included parking in the price of the ticket to get into the infield. There is a specific code for the Ford (and Cobra) groups that will be attending in order to get $5 off the ticket price when ordering. The code is: MittyFord and is case sensitive.

They also plan some improvements to the corral areas such as bringing in #4 gravel and packing it down in all the traditional car corral parking areas.

Let me know if you plan to attend this year.

Gary
    Last edited by Cobra4GC; 02-12-2016 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Corrections

Post Thanks / Like
    Update 3/31/16:
    In past years we have received a "Corral" window decal that was required to get into the Cobra Corral parking area. When I received my tickets, there wasn't a Corral window decal included so I asked Rick is we needed them this year. He said no more decals. You just need your ticket to get in and then head over to the infield and look for the Ford flag. I hope to see you there this year.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Gary I will be there Sat/Sun but most likely have the 818R over with DIY and Skidpad Sunday for the challenge.
    Last edited by bstuke; 04-18-2016 at 07:34 AM.
    818R For Sale!
    818R Sale Thread
    PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, PADI TecRec Gas Blender Instructor, Operations Manager - DNS Diving, Grand Cayman