I can't believe so much time has gone by since I was last able to post. We've continued to move forward on our build but we just haven't had a lot of time due to just being super busy in May, June and the first half of July. When we have had time we've run into roadblocks from missing donor parts, stuff that needed to be replaced and issues with customization we are doing.

Since our last post we have:
  • De-rusted and painted the rear knuckles
  • Had new bearings and seals pressed in
  • Cleaned and rebuilt the Ebrake components
  • Completed the build out of the rear suspension including the Wilwood rotors and calipers, knuckles, shocks, axles and all control arms and links. We spent a lot of time adjusting and testing the ebrakes on both sides to make sure they worked because once those Wilwood rotors go on for good you really can't get in there to adjust it.
  • We got our engine and transmission back from Auto Science and installed new fuel injectors (ID 1000's) and the adapters for connecting into the wiring harness.
  • Had to pick up a new plug for the transmission fork rod. Once we had that we were able to install the new throw-out bearing and fork.
  • Changed the engine and transmission mounts to new Group N mounts
  • Mated the engine and transmission, and put them in.
  • Cleanup of the pedal assembly (clutch and brake) to remove rust and repainted them.

Our new turbo (Blouch 18g XT-R) is in but we haven't installed it yet. We need to clean up some of the rust around the mount first but I really just wanted to get the engine in this past weekend.

Here are a few pictures...

- Lou