Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Interior CAD

Post Thanks / Like

Interior CAD

I was wondering if there was a CAD model of the interior of a Coupe. I'd like to design my console and dash before hand, I need to select some component so my project of an integrated touch screen can see the light of day.

I want to have most of my gauges and button on that HMI (human machine interface, programmable touch screen). My idea is to have tach and odometer in fornt of me in dash (digital gauges) and the rest would be in that console (headlight, wipers, windows, HVAC controls).

My project is not even ordered, but I'm in the preperation phase and need to know if what I plan can be realised or not. I like to plan well ahead, I know that there will be some surprises, but the less there is the more I'll be satisfied.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Almighty View Post
    I was wondering if there was a CAD model of the interior of a Coupe. I'd like to design my console and dash before hand, I need to select some component so my project of an integrated touch screen can see the light of day.

I want to have most of my gauges and button on that HMI (human machine interface, programmable touch screen). My idea is to have tach and odometer in fornt of me in dash (digital gauges) and the rest would be in that console (headlight, wipers, windows, HVAC controls).

My project is not even ordered, but I'm in the preperation phase and need to know if what I plan can be realised or not. I like to plan well ahead, I know that there will be some surprises, but the less there is the more I'll be satisfied.

Thanks
    How about if the question is simplified to a CAD model of the frame? Just having accurate placement of the frame members would be a great starting point. Any links to a frame CAD model?

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    People have asked for both before and nothing is available. I would guess FFR considers this their IP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats why I asked for interior only, I don't think they would ever let a complete CAD go like that. Then people could just build there own frame....

If not just some measurement of the inside cab, side to side, front to back and tunnel placement would be a great start