BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Scott Dixon travels home to NZ for Lead Foot festival weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Scott Dixon travels home to NZ for Lead Foot festival weekend

Hey all, reining Indy car champion Scott Dixon traveled home to New Zealand last weekend to drive a 1906 Darracq GP car. Each year (or 2) Rod Millen (13 year Pikes Peak champion - Toyota Celica), opens his property which includes a purpose built driveway of about 1 mile very challenging drive from letterbox to his house. Invited motorsport drivers and cars come from all over the world to challenge Rod's time and driveway.
    Please find more details in the following link... Note I had my 818s parked as a display show car on the grass - image is within the link..

http://www.driven.co.nz/news/motorsp...ch-time-nears/

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks like a really fun time! I noticed you added some side scoops, mind sharing if you made them or if they're aftermarket?
    1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks STiWRD - yes I have fabricated some large side scopes. Only just fitted them, so Im evaluating the effectiveness and look, I will likely cut the fibreglass out to open the area out - once Im happy I'll post what I've done. I'm also ducting from the inside, one to intake the other side to the top of the intercooler - so still some work to do first...