Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Build Question

Post Thanks / Like

Build Question

Ok, I started the wiring and almost ready to drop the motor in. With that, I am trying to decide if I want to wait until I do the body and pain work first. I am going to do all the work myself.

What would you do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Pain work is a good way of putting it..lol..........Lot's and lots of sanding from what I hear..

I would (and did), finish the build to the go kart stage, then worry about the body work. You will be test fitting the body at least few times, so why take the risk of messing up a new paint job taking it on and off. You'll also want to pre-fit roll bars, windshield, side pipes, lights, and install the splash shields, before body work begins. This way you can see where adjustments may be needed, holes opened up, etc..
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely fit the body and take care of all adjustments as AC Bill said, before painting. You may have to adjust holes for sidepipes, wipers, roll bars, quick-jacks, windshi9eld post holes, etc. Get the doors, hood/trunk hinges installed so you know what needs to be sanded, trimmed, etc. during the body work phase. You may have to trim the cowling back a bit so the dash will slide up under it. Fully attach the body to the chassis. Just a few of the things that may surface.
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Ordered MK IV Coyote Complete Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always have the bodies on and back off at least twice prior to putting paint on.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks, I will drop the motor in in the next few weeks.