Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Options for Roll Bar Covers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Options for Roll Bar Covers?

Did a search a few months ago and found QRP to supply a set of roll bar covers, however they only produce in
    large quantities (made to order).

If there is enough interest from member, I'd be first in line to get a group purchase started.

Otherwise, is there another supplier with stock available?

Thanks.
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one of these. I loose fit it on my car once and It seemed pretty close but I did get a crack in the front center to get in place. I have a lot of roll bar padding as this is primarily a track car for me. I thought I might install it in the future but I need to buy a bunch of new parts for this coming track season so selling it would help. PM me if interested.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the QRP covers in my car. We ended up removing the center section of the halo cover. They really help with the look of the interior, and making look more OEM.

However, if you decide to use them, the one thing that I would suggest that you do, is trim the cover for the front bar (first) so it will fit as close to the roll bar as possible. Otherwise you give away a ton of your sight line out of the car. Then fit the upper side bar covers. And then fit the a pillar bar covers.

For me the cover sat right at my eye level which forced me to bend down a fraction to see clearly under it. When my car comes out of the paint booth, it's going back over to the interior shop to be trimmed and refit. I need it to be raised at least 1 or 1 1/2 inches to see out comfortably.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The more I read about these covers, the less practical they seem. We definitely don't need any less forward visibility in the GTM; I removed a dash mounted
    gauge pod and moved the rearview monitor above the rollbar for extra view.

Thanks for the detailed product review!
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Procision-Auto View Post
    The more I read about these covers, the less practical they seem. We definitely don't need any less forward visibility in the GTM; I removed a dash mounted
    gauge pod and moved the rearview monitor above the rollbar for extra view.

Thanks for the detailed product review!
    Like most of the parts that go into the GTM, they need to be fitted to the car. I think they make a very nice addition, and enhance the look of the interior in a huge way. But just know that you will need to work with it a little to get it where you want it. Once you've done that, I think you'll be happy with the usability and the look.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 02-23-2016 at 05:57 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been watching this thread for ideas on my rollcage in the 33 and the forward visibility issue is a good point to keep in mind.
    From that comment above I have decided to NOT add any padding to the front hoop. I will have it all wrapped but for sight lines and
    because my head will never be anywhere near the front hoop I won't have any padding around that portion of the cage. Thanks
    DB Hemi33

Post Thanks / Like
    Tino;
    I bought this kit as well. I had to cut and rework a lot of it to fit nicely. But down side to adding this cover is it does reduce clear visibility by about 1" after adding the covering to it. I like the finished look.
    Love the car, ****ty windshield sight area.
    Team Bouffard
    GenII #369 - SOLD
    1968 Camaro - work in progress