Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Under 25 y/o Insurance

Post Thanks / Like

Under 25 y/o Insurance

All,

I am finally joining the FFR family after having my eye on an 818S since the initial announcement. Having come across a nice, pre built unit, I finally pulled the trigger.

That being said, I am a bit on the younger side, at 22 years old, and am having issues finding insurance carriers to cover me, as everyone wants you to be 25 or older. My driving record is not bad at all, I own a condo, a retail store, two other cars, a supersport bike, and have phenomenal credit, but that doesn't do anything for the date I was born I understand I will be paying a pretty penny for it, but I have complete faith it will be worthwhile, if I can find a carrier.

Any leads? Located in Wisconsin, for what that is worth.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a couple of ideas:

I'm 57 and my son is 18 and lives a home (soon to be a college) Also have a wife and 2 daughter all with cars.
    State farm writes a policy on each vehicle.(seven total)
    I am listed on a van and my son is listed on a Subaru. The 818 is just an additional vehicle that anyone in my family can drive.

Next idea is title the car in the business name.
    My bother in law has half a dozen pick up truck that his employs drive every day.
    They may be young or have bad driving records. He just needs to check for a valid drivers license.
    Bob

PS $256 every 6 months, just got the second bill in the mail
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 02-20-2016 at 01:29 AM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidice129 View Post
    [...] Having come across a nice, pre built unit, I finally pulled the trigger. [...] Located in Wisconsin, for what that is worth. [...]
    Hey, I'm looking into the possibility of building an 818 here in Wisconsin, and had a bunch of concerns regarding titling and registration (Just made a somewhat lengthy post but waiting for approval still). The laws look complex and ambiguous in places, so I'm not even sure it's really possible to get a freshly built one of these things registered in this state without a serious equipment overhaul. But, maybe it's possible or just easier to deal with that if you buy a pre-built, pre-titled unit from out of state. Can you provide any insight into the registration process for your pre-built 818? Did you buy it from out of state, or in Wisconsin? Any info would be appreciated.