Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Free 818 Front End - white, pristine

Post Thanks / Like

Free 818 Front End - white, pristine

I have ordered the "new" front end for the 818 so I have the 2 front fenders and the front (bumper) piece for any 818 builder who wants them. You must have an 818, or a kit on order to get these for free. These are all in new, pristine condition. I have block sanded and polished them so the white gel coat shines. Does not include the hood. If you have the space, these would make a nice "insurance" bet for a future incident. PM me for photo.

Shipping these big pieces would be pricey and risky so I'm hoping for a builder who can pick these up in Scottsdale.
    Last edited by AZPete; 03-07-2016 at 06:55 PM.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing you're hoping for local pickup, but if you're willing to ship I'm happy to pay shipping/crating to San Diego :-) I'm going with the old school front end and have "worked" on mine quite a bit making it fit... have a second set would be a big help! :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi AZPete, What are you asking for all of it? Thanks, Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, shipping is the limiting factor. In my business I ship large glass pieces quite often but they are expensive so the costs of special packing, or crating, is justified, but these large fragile fiberglass pieces are a challenge. The only way to safely ship would be in a wooden crate and then the size and weight would run the shipping costs over $200, plus the cost of crating. Unless you have a different solution, I think the only practical solution is someone who can pick these pieces up here. I'm willing to give these to an 818 builder for free, but not to someone who just wants to resell to a builder.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a pic of the front end. I'm keeping the hood because it works with the new front end. And, I'll sell the upgraded Spyder headlights, so they are not included in the free-for-taking offer. I installed die-cut hex screens in the four cut-outs and each is finished with black edge guard rather than the screens and thick borders supplied by FFR. The large openings at the sides have aluminum ducts inside directing air outwards, and it improves the appearance. I'd hate to put these in the dumpster so hopefully a builder comes forward who can pick these up!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am willing to pay you for crating and shipping to nj if you are so inclined
    Pm me
    818S #343 Delivered 5-20-2015
    First Start 10-17-2015
    First Drive 10-17-2017 ( 100 feet back and forth until I can get off driveway)
    First Drive with a non leaking tuned motor 11-12-2015 (wow)
    Passed NJ State constructed inspection 8/30/2016

Post Thanks / Like
    I have shipped large glass pieces via Craters & Freighters so I'll measure the pieces and get a quote to NJ, then PM you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    I have shipped large glass pieces via Craters & Freighters so I'll measure the pieces and get a quote to NJ, then PM you.
    Great
    First Start 10-17-2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Pete, looks to me as if he's the third guy that was willing to pay shipping for the nose parts! I PMed you and NB in SD offered above... I got the impression that you didn't want the bother of packing them up...
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RM1SepEx View Post
    Pete, looks to me as if he's the third guy that was willing to pay shipping for the nose parts! I PMed you and NB in SD offered above... I got the impression that you didn't want the bother of packing them up...
    He does not like us
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I'm not playing any favorites but just hoping someone would pick this stuff up when I get the new front end. Since the bumper is big and delicate, I don't think I can pack it to make sure it doesn't get crushed by UPS or FedEx. I'll get a quote on crating and then look back trough this thread and my PMs to offer on FCFS basis.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd settle for shipping the fenders... , they should pack up easier...
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I was a little early on this offer since I have not heard anything from FFR about my prepaid order for the new front end. I have looked back at all PMs and posts to this thread and listed the guys in order so when I know when my new front end will arrive I'll start offering from the first, then down the list. Before contacting anyone I'll get quotes for crating & shipping. So, relax and if you have posted here or sent a PM I'll get back to you when I know the timing and costs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPete View Post
    I guess I was a little early on this offer since I have not heard anything from FFR about my prepaid order for the new front end. I have looked back at all PMs and posts to this thread and listed the guys in order so when I know when my new front end will arrive I'll start offering from the first, then down the list. Before contacting anyone I'll get quotes for crating & shipping. So, relax and if you have posted here or sent a PM I'll get back to you when I know the timing and costs.
    very fair

thanks
    First Start 10-17-2015

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if you have already settled this entire issue, but if not, perhaps I can help. I go to San Diego frequently, have a truck, and would be willing to haul them over for free when I am going. Let me know if this could be of help. I am going at least twice in the next two months.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I don't know if you have already settled this entire issue, but if not, perhaps I can help. I go to San Diego frequently, have a truck, and would be willing to haul them over for free when I am going. Let me know if this could be of help. I am going at least twice in the next two months.
    Being the San Diego builder who expressed interest in this setup I do like that offer Jazzman.

Pls let me know if there's anything I can do to facilitate this guys.

-Noah