TRACK DAY UPDATE: Buttonwilow #25 CCW. It is a VARA race weekend, so lots of cool cars to see. Sunny, light wind, 80 - 85. I did the afternoon session. 3X's on the track. It's been 11 months since I have been out and this was the first time out on the "new" motor. 320HP, 300ft-lb tune with speed density. WOW...the car was amazing. Engine is smooth and the acceleration is fantastic. I was not pushing too hard yet. The sessions were 30 minutes, on the hour. First session: Oil 190F, Awic 102F, Water 190 F, Average Heart rate 131 (a bit nervous - peaked at 151). Oil pressure was 85+ and rock steady - even through the long left hand sweeper. 45 psi when idling/hot. Second session: Oil 215F, Awic 106F, Water 190F, Average heart rate 129 (getting more relaxed - peaked at 144). Oil pressures about the same. Third session - I was pushing harder and it was warmer: Oil 240F, Awic 108, Water 210, Average heart rate 122 (more in the groove - peaked at 137). I will post data/video later. 240F on the oil is at the limit for me. A cool down lap brought the oil back to 200 and the Water back to 190. I was running a single oil cooler in the back, with air intakes from the side scoops. I am planning on re-establishing at least one of the front coolers, especially for when it is 100F here. I know the car is running more boost than before, so the AWIC temps are not surprising. I used to get ambient +10F. Now it looks like ambient +20F.

I also used an IR to get tire temps before its battery went dead. I am running Hoosiers. On the second session: LF 121F, RF 115F, LR 123F, RR 127F 28psi when I started the session.

I still have a lot to learn as a driver, but it was a good day.