Figured I could start my build thread since I'm making headway on gathering up all the stuff I need for both the car and the garage. My kit is supposed to be ready to ship in mid-March. So far I've sourced a few aftermarket goodies but have yet to figure out the donor parts. A good friend of mine runs a salvage yard in So Calif so I'm going to see if he can help me pick up a car from an auction using his connections and licenses. My aim is to use a 2006 WRX 2.5L Turbo for the build. Since I work for SOLIDWORKS and have access to our full suite of products I'm going to model up some of the custom parts just for fun.

Along with cleaning out the garage and making some shelf space, I got started on building the dolly to set the car on. So far I have the base done and I'll fire up the saw tomorrow to cut the stacks of wood for the actual supports:

My list of things to do once the build starts grows with every hour I spend going back through the previous build threads!

The blue machine is a 50 watt laser engraver/cutter that I'm hoping to use for some of the parts. Also, don't mind the Christmas goodies, that's the donation pile heading to Goodwill tomorrow!