Starting a build thread for my 818R track toy. The plan is to build a track toy that is also registered for street use. We'll see how that works out.

Kit scheduled for March 26 completion.

Using an 03 WRX donor that I bought from an insurance auction. Hit in the right rear, but the car ran well.

Since I don't have any history on the car, I've been discovering things as I do the tear down. Pulled the engine and trans and began cleaning them up and replacing things like belts, water pump, hoses, clutch, flywheel, etc. I see that the turbo is not the standard Mitsubishi, but an IHI that I think was standard on some STI models. I also have pink injectors, a Perrin downpipe (I think thats what its called), and a GReady exhaust. At least thats the stuff I can see.

With all of that, I am assuming there is some type of aftermarket tune in the car. I bought a tactrix to see if I could download the ECU and see if I could tell what was in there. I can't seem to get the car to go into test mode though. I've connected the green connectors and installed the white jumper. I also found the green connectors in the passenger side footwell and they were connected. I do have the engine, trans, and now the fuel tank and related fuel tank stuff out of the car. I also have the airbag module disconnected. I noticed in the wiring diagram that I may need the neutral position switch on the transmission connected, so I jumpered that wire.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I might try? Did I disconnect something that needs to be there in order for the car to go into test mode? I would like to get this figured out before I pull all the wiring out.

Thanks

Skip