Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: By the way... 😎

Post Thanks / Like

By the way... 😎

By the way, as a very long time supporter of this wonderful factory five forum, I can't believe that there aren't more Type 65 projects starting up. The roadster is definitely the most common. And it is very cool, but the Type 65 has to be one of the coolest cars ever designed. The Daytona Coupe was a great race car, and accomplished it's goals. But the Factory Five Type 65 (Daytona Coupe) take that design to another level all together.

I think I'm talking myself into making this car my next build. Damn. I really wanted something with a little more interior room for my next build.

LOL!

The Stig's American Cousin. Some say...

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-02-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've been thinking about maybe making that my next build as well...

The coupe is so beautiful. You're right, there should be more of them!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Good! Then you and I may be the the next to raise the Daytona Coupe bar at Factory Five. Because I really do think that this will be my next project.

The Stig.

��
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-01-2016 at 08:13 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    GTM #0081

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    David and Stig,

I'll be happy to join the coupe build group! I really miss Elvira!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok... maybe Gary can set the next bar, and we can come close...

The Stig.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to build the coupe. However, once you price out the cost of a divorce attorney, it makes it cost prohibitive!

I look forward to living vicariously through Mike, Dave, and Garry though. Can't wait to see your projects!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always loved the Daytona Coupe and have found myself reading every thread and website on it over the last month or so. My latest project (an Ultima GTR) has been done since late December and I'm getting itchy…

My plan would be to replicate CSX2299 as much as possible.

Ken

Post Thanks / Like
    There aren't as many of the Coupes being built, (I got mine last year and I'm #675), but there's definitely a few out there! Perhaps we just need to get better at documenting our builds lol.

Looking forward to all of these planned Coupes though, a 429 Boss and a successor to Elvira? Just awesome!
    Michael
    Coupe #675 "Eloise"

10/14/14 Coupe Ordered - 1/29/15 Coupe Delivered - 5/1/16 First Start
    Build Thread - Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I am currently in process of selling my roadster (#3033) and my plan is to build a coupe...I hope to put out a build plan within the next month or so for some feedback. looking forward to a new challenge and a lighter wallet. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, there are a few more Coupe builds going on. I'm just lying low until I claw my way out of the very deep rabbit hole I dove in to right at the start.

I'll soon see some daylight again!

Tech Support, FFR Courtnie Provencher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The MK4 Roadster is definitely the most commonly built FFR kit. But I have sold a good handful of the 65 Coupes since I started working here full time back in October. I'm definitely with all of you though, that car is absolutely gorgeous and it's a head turner for sure!
    Courtnie Provencher
    Factory Five Tech Sales & Support

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it that there aren't as many Coupes! That said I really want to finish mine, but have been derailed due to work circumstances since August. Hopefully soon.....

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine will be done by the end of March and registered within a month afterwards to be realistic. I'm having it professionally built up here is Quebec by someone who is extremely familiar with Factory Five Cobras (he built well over 100 of them) so the build is going quickly. He received the kit December 7th 2015 and we are on the last details now like interior lighting etc. It's a no donor parts build, engine is Ford Racing 351W stroked to 408. I love this forum as a source of info.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet! I can't wait to see it when it's done!

Congrats!

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    I would make a thread, and probably will when I get more interesting things done. We've been taking it nice and slow, I've just gotten the suspension, pedals, rear end, tank and aluminum in so far. But I'll be sure to give some updates about the 302 T-56 Magnum combo.
    but I think there are loads of projects going, just few posting.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Coupe is definitely the most attention getting car I've ever driven, an amazing design.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I like the limited number of builds. I see roadsters at every event I attend, but I am usually the only coupe. Most people aren't sure what it is. It is great when someone knows, and is aware of the history behind it.

FFR #2296 428 FE, TKO, IRS. Sold 6/2006
    FFR #0189CP Completed 6/2015 331, 3-Link TR3550, FAST EZ EI
    1946 Mercury Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    The coupe is indeed beautiful, and I'm surprised that more people don't know about it. Or the story behind it, for that matter.
    I keep telling the friends I meet about it and I have only had 1 person say, "oh, hey! That's a Daytona Cobra Coupe!"
    like snakebit31 said, it's great when people know about it!!

I haven't been very active on the forums as of late. My build is still just in the midst of just planning, laying everything out, and waiting for finances and the opportunity to start my coupe. As crazy and as expensive as it is going to be...

I had a few serious up-stirs this past year. kind of pushed my start time back a little bit. ETA ~3 years? idk yet. maybe it can be sooner, maybe later, it depends on the unforeseeable future.
    1) my best friend who was going to be a significant help in this build this isn't around anymore.
    2) I wound up making a "financial mistake" by purchasing a new car

So....
    I know all I have is talk, plans, sketches, dreams, aspirations, crazy ideas, and a general lack of build experience, but as determined as I was then, it's even more so now. I am going to dedicate the build to my late friend. There is no if's about it, It will happen. Just when is the question...

Post Thanks / Like
    METAL,

Sorry about your friend. I pondered several years too before jumping on an opportunity of a 2nd hand un started kit.
    It will come just be ready.

John

Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI

Post Thanks / Like
    We currently have 3 coupes and 4 roadster being built in the shop right now.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like very much to build a Coupe next but I'm waiting for what Dave showed me to be released...hope they are able to keep on schedule!
    FFR Mk3.1 #6720. Carb'd 302. Fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_g View Post
    I would like very much to build a Coupe next but I'm waiting for what Dave showed me to be released...hope they are able to keep on schedule!
    Tease......any more hints than that

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timb View Post
    Tease......any more hints than that
    Surprised actually that you're the only one that's asked so far. Will send you a PM.
    FFR Mk3.1 #6720. Carb'd 302. Fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that the car being unveiled at Huntington Beach?

John

Post Thanks / Like
    "I had a few serious up-stirs this past year. kind of pushed my start time back a little bit. ETA ~3 years? idk yet. maybe it can be sooner, maybe later, it depends on the unforeseeable future.
    1) my best friend who was going to be a significant help in this build this isn't around anymore.
    2) I wound up making a "financial mistake" by purchasing a new car."

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

As for the build, the last thing you want to do is jump into the project without truly being able to afford it. I can speak from experience here as a job change and a few real estate purchases dramatically reduced the amount of money I can responsibly spend on the project. Hopefully that will change within the next year, but as of now I have to concentrate on things I can accomplish without spending major money (there is no shortage of such things). So, just take your time; FFR, the Coupe and the contingent of builders will be here when you are ready.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_g View Post
    That really is cruel.
    Previous forum name was "Fezzek"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dol View Post
    Sorry about your friend. I pondered several years too before jumping on an opportunity of a 2nd hand un started kit.
    It will come just be ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob McCrea View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

As for the build, the last thing you want to do is jump into the project without truly being able to afford it. I can speak from experience here as a job change and a few real estate purchases dramatically reduced the amount of money I can responsibly spend on the project. Hopefully that will change within the next year, but as of now I have to concentrate on things I can accomplish without spending major money (there is no shortage of such things). So, just take your time; FFR, the Coupe and the contingent of builders will be here when you are ready.
    Thanks guys! I am in no rush, I don't want to make a mistake of starting something I can't finish. Some things I still don't have are space, tools, & funds. So I'm just biding time and money. Planning, budgeting, dreaming lol...
    I can purchase a complete kit as is, right now, but I am not ready for it. besides that money is probably going to go towards a down payment on a property. So yea, I'm right there with you Jacob. trying to value engineer what I can so I can have a marriage of "oem" parts for a very custom and crazy idea. but so goes planning with nothing tangible in front of you. Nigh impossible.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 427 small block powered one in my garage right now. I am building it for a customer. I will start a thread on it when I get a free couple minutes.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hello Mike,
    Will this be a new IRS car? If so I would love to stop by sometime and see the build. My coupe is slated for a pick up date of June 18th. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    No. Not an IRS car. Its an older kit.
    You are still welcome to stop by though.
    Mike