Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Odyssey PC1200

Post Thanks / Like

Odyssey PC1200

I am leaning toward using the Odyssey PC1200 for the additional CCA it provides. I understand I will have to make a few minor mods to the battery box area to squeeze this thing in there. I will cut out the battery mount and lower it ~1". Then I will modify the rear mount with weld-in-hinge to be able to lower the box enough to remove if from underneath. Lastly, remote terminals and an SAE connector for the charger. Has anyone used this battery before and are there other factors I need to consider before doing this?

Also, should I be using some form of battery tray under the battery or is the FFR mount sufficient to keep and protect the battery from the road crap?
    Thanks all.
    Tom Enloe

Post Thanks / Like
    HEY! the 1200 fits perfectly with NO MODIFICATIONS.
    Tried the ne battery after it got here and found that it fits just fine without modifying the battery box location. I installed it on it's side with the terminals facing forward. Even with the rear panel installed I can remove the battery without any problems at all through the opening hatch. I would advise wearing gloves as these things are HEAVY and they tend to smash your fingers if you're not careful.

Good news, though. The PC1200 is 540 CCA vs the PC925 which is 330 CCA. It may be a few bucks more but well worth the if for the increase in reserve power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know how that battery lasts! I had some small Odyssey batteries before but couldn't get one to last more than a year. This was in a daily driver car with a good alternator. I went back to normal batteries after that experience.