BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I think we might consider finding a sanctioning body for an 818 series

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation I think we might consider finding a sanctioning body for an 818 series

Has anyone tried to approach a sanctioning body about getting a class for the 818, either a gentleman group or an all out comp series. I am getting it for a track day car, but at 65 I still want to compete!
    Wayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Wayne,
    NASA has classes ST1-3 and SCCA has some regional catch all classes that the 818 can fit. I think as more of us get our cars on track we can create options. I like you 60+ and still want to compete.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldaddy View Post
    Has anyone tried to approach a sanctioning body about getting a class for the 818, either a gentleman group or an all out comp series. I am getting it for a track day car, but at 65 I still want to compete!
    Wayne

Here in the NW our league (ICSCC) we can form a class at any time given these rules

All new classes put forward for consideration must be delivered to ICSCC Headquarters by November 1 to be considered at the Fall Board Meeting. All classes considered shall be accompanied by a set of class rules and an affidavit signed by at least 5 licensed drivers intending to run the class. New classes will compete under the rules submitted and approved at the Fall Meeting and maintained by the Race Steward. Protesting will be allowed. Drivers running in new classes under consideration will earn Championship points but will receive year-end awards only if the new class entries average 2.5 for an entire season. New classes achieving a 2.5 entry average for the season will automatically become sanctioned the following year. New classes not achieving a 2.5 entry average within 2 seasons will be required to repeat the above process to remain under consideration
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt there will ever be a Spec 818 class. The NASA ST rules are the way to go for the 818 in most of the country. In our Pacific NW ICSCC conference we have an ST class but unlike the NASA ST, we don't allow tube frame cars. We could amend the ST rules to allow tube frame cars, or we could create an 818 class that uses the NASA ST style rules. The key to both is the HP/WT rule. There is no other way to create a fair racing class with turbocharged cars than a HP/WT rule. Unless you want to go unlimited like NASA SU or ICSCC SPM-SPO.
    "Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"
    Owner: Colonel Red Racing
    eBAy Store: http://stores.ebay.com/colonelredracing
    818R ICSCC SPM
    2005 Subaru STI Race Car ICSCC ST and SPM
    Palatov DP4 - ICSCC Sports Racer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Gator View Post
    I doubt there will ever be a Spec 818 class. The NASA ST rules are the way to go for the 818 in most of the country. In our Pacific NW ICSCC conference we have an ST class but unlike the NASA ST, we don't allow tube frame cars. We could amend the ST rules to allow tube frame cars, or we could create an 818 class that uses the NASA ST style rules. The key to both is the HP/WT rule. There is no other way to create a fair racing class with turbocharged cars than a HP/WT rule. Unless you want to go unlimited like NASA SU or ICSCC SPM-SPO.
    stupid question how do you prove the hp?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Samiam1017 View Post
    stupid question how do you prove the hp?
    we have to produce a dyno sheet from a dynoJet dyno
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFRSpec72 View Post
    we have to produce a dyno sheet from a dynoJet dyno
    How do they handle people who turn in dyno sheets at a lower boost than what they are running during the race? Is there some kind of protest rule for the obvious offenders who are pulling away fast from you in a straight line?