Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Deep South Cobra Club-Event Details

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Deep South Cobra Club-Event Details

Deep South Cobra Club - Event Details

This year’s Deep South Cobra Club spring cruise will showcase one of the South's great gems, coastal Georgia. Based in Brunswick Georgia, we will be exploring the roads and eateries between Savannah and St. Mary’s.

On Thursday evening, May 12th, caravans of Cobras will arrive from Florida, the Carolinas, Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia. There will be a meet and greet at the host hotel till 7, followed by dinner at 7:30.

On Friday we cruise north to the Savannah area and Saturday finds us cruising west and south. (As always the routes will be revealed to you the morning of each days cruise. If you want them ahead of time, contact Ricky Harper, but part of the fun of this event is exploring and discovering on the fly)

The club will participate in a wonderful event benefiting the Miranda Faith Foundation which raises funds to clothe and feed needy children in south east Georgia at Christmas time. The foundation honors the tragically short life of Miranda Kunda. Preston Kunda, Miranda’s father, is a Factory roadster owner and was building his car when Miranda fell ill. Preston is the driving force behind the “Cruising to the Coast” car show that will be held that Saturday benefiting the foundation and honoring Miranda’s memory. The benefit is sponsored by Dave Smith and Factory Five Racing who will be on site along with their big rig which will be packed with several of their offerings to the gods of speed. The show starts at 9am and ends about 2, but as we are a cruising club will not be there for the entire time. However, I challenge everyone to register for the car show as 100% of the proceeds go to a very worthy cause. Register for Cruising the Coast at Cruizing 2 The Coast ? Bike, Truck, & Car Show.

The host hotel is the Holiday Inn at Holiday Inn at 107 Gateway Center Circle, Brunswick, Georgia. There is a block of rooms reserved, please call the hotel at 912-264-3300 to reserve your room at the event rate of $119, tell them you are with the Cruising to the Coast event. The block may fill up fast, so make your reservations soon. There is room for some trailers, but we are hoping to have lots of participants drive their cars to this event in caravans. This adds to the fun.
    As usual, the cruise will feature interesting back roads, beautiful scenery, vibrant and interesting communities, games, education, and of course great dining. Finally, the event will be topped off with a banquet and awards ceremony. You do not want to miss this one. An event registration portal will be open on the Deep South Cobra Club website at Deep South Cobra Club | Cobra Owners & Enthusiasts | Special Events & Outings |

Caravans:

Routes and times will be posted a few weeks before the event; the idea is to join the caravan as it passes through your town, or at one of its scheduled stops. If you want to lead a caravan please contact Ricky Harper; [email protected] or 850 510 5771.

• Garry Bopp will lead a caravan from the Atlanta area
    • Blair Pierson will lead a caravan from the Charlotte area
    • Xxxx xxxxx will lead a caravan from West Palm Beach
    • xxx xxxxxxxxxxx will lead a caravan from Tallahassee
    • Xxxxx xxxx will lead a caravan from Tampa
    • Xxxx xxxxx will lead a caravan from Knoxville
    • Xxxxxx xxx will lead a caravan from Chattanooga

Please Help us spread the word by passing this to all your Cobra buddies.
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    I am signed up for the event. Looking forward to the caravan to Brunswick.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Gary,
    Are you just taking the Cobra or is someone bringing your trailer also?
    Wondering how you would secure it at night.
    J

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just taking the Cobra ... unless it rains! Folks just put a car cover on overnight.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Has your group ever attended the "Cruising The Coast" event over in Mississippi? It's in early October and it would be cool to see a "Factory Five Contingent" there. I should be street legal by then, but probably not painted.

Anyway, this sounds like one heck of an event.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a good cover, so I will check my work schedule. Sounds like fun!

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Registration is open on the DSCC website.

Please register there as soon as you can so that we can start planning for restaurants, ect.

If you are not a DSCC member and have a lot of heart ache over paying the $25 to join just to register for this event, just send me an email, [email protected] and I will register you on my list of attendees.

By the way, registration for this event is free.

Ricky
    I sure miss my coupe!