OK...at first, I wasn't going to do a thread, but after some consideration I realized that I'm going to be making quite a few changes to the kit that might be helpful and interesting to others.

So here we go!

I got my 818C last September. The options list included the 6/4 piston Wilwoods with pedal assembly, carbon front splitter and side skirts, Momo wheel and other various goodies.

My initial impressions of the kit were mixed: the fiberglass work was better than expected (in a prior life I built N36LV, a fiberglass Velocity XL-5 RG), the T6 aluminum chassis panels were a nice surprise, and the factory-fabricated ancillary parts were to a high standard. Then I started looking at the chassis itself and knew I was going to have my work cut out for me. Without too much detail right now, I will be boxing in numerous suspension pickup points, adding aircraft-quality hardware to critical areas, extending the Wilwood pedal box, deleting the angled bracing in front of the seating area while adding a cross bar under my seats, adding plate steel under the seating area, fabricating a front fuel tank and generally tweaking numerous other areas to make this a really nicely finished street/track car.

Stay tuned for more.