Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Serpentine Belt Tensioner

Post Thanks / Like

New Serpentine Belt Tensioner

I just got done designing a new serpentine belt tensioner for the GTM. This solves a few different issues and it all came about while installing an LS7. Any of you who have installed the LS7 know that the FFR belt tensioner bracket does not work with the LS7 intake manifold. The auto tensioner hits the vacuum port on the intake. This tensioner also fixes a few different "problems", like the flex in the FFR bracket causing belt misalignment, the fact that revving the engine causes the auto tensioner to slack the belt, leaving the crank pulley trying to "push" the belt across the waterpump pulley, the extremely close clearance between the tensioner pulley and waterfall, etc, etc.

http://vraptorspeedworks.com/ls-serp...-complete-kit/

You can find it on the "Custom GTM Parts" page at the top of the "Brackets/Mounts/"fixes" section
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shane,

Was just wondering, is that the same pulley which normally comes with the ffr kit? If so, what's the part number for the pulley alone? I'm trying to find areacement pulley over here in Europe but I can't seem to find one matching this size precisely

Also, would you know where online I could order just a pulley?

Thanks, Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a great solution to a significant problem that has plagued the GTM since the prototype stage.
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rev2xs View Post
    Hi Shane,

Was just wondering, is that the same pulley which normally comes with the ffr kit? If so, what's the part number for the pulley alone? I'm trying to find areacement pulley over here in Europe but I can't seem to find one matching this size precisely

Also, would you know where online I could order just a pulley?

Thanks, Tom
    Hi Tom,

I think the pulley that I provide with this tensioner kit is the same as the stock/donor Corvette tensioner pulley. FFR has you remove that smaller pulley from the tensioner and install a much larger pulley that they provide with the GTM kit. If you do a Google search for "38008 Pulley" you should get results for the correct one. I believe the 38008 is a Gates part number and also cross-references to the Napa part number.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts